JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Great video on the way to look at studies and how the media manipulates the findings. This is why you should never trust the media (well never) but particularly with any medical study without seeing, reading and knowing how to interpret the results. This is for firearms as well as any medical topic.

The media should be required to have a background check, proof of education on interpreting medical articles and a 10 day waiting period before publishing stories.

Just in case your wondering what the heck I am talking about. Look up a Winchester model 55 .22 its a semi auto single shot that fires from an open bolt.

Its actually one of the neatest rifles to teach a child how to shoot.

On the upper right forestock is a short charging lever you pull that back once to bring the bolt into the cocked position.

On the top of the receiver is a loading gate not to unlock the one on the side of a Model 94 30-30 etc. You push the .22 rimfire round short to Long rifle into the chamber, as you do this the safety (like a mossberg 590's on the top rear of the receiver is engaged.

To fire you click off the safety and pull the trigger.

the recoil pushes the bolt back into the locked position and the spent cartridge falls out of the action via a port ahead of the trigger guard (typically right into the palm of the shooters hand until they do it once then they hold farther out on the stock LOL)

And the cycle repeats. Each time the firearm is loaded the safety clicks on.

I learned to shoot on my dads and have since bought one for myself. A very accurate rifle.

Ever get sick of working the action to load another round on your single shot .22lr? Yeah, neither do I...

Well, if it's really a single shot, you'd have to load a bullet from the box into the watchamacallit too, right? That might be just a bit too much for some folk!

I can only speak for the guns I know personally and only about the period of time I've known them. Some are a lot older than me and may have been in some dicey places in their past where they had opportunity to KIIIILL! I don't think they actually got a taste for it since in the time I've known them they've all been quite well behaved. Some just hide quietly in a dark place for years. It may be true that some have killed twice as many as others though I can't attribute that to being semi-auto. I've got a really old single shot that could have killed many more than any of the semi-autos. Possibly Spaniards, Filipinos or even... gasp... indigenous native peoples. Or it may have snoozed somewhere quietly all that time before I knew it. But some of them, in the time I've know them, killed many times more than some others.... since even a big number times zero is still zero.

Clearly, the solution to gun violence is give them all to me!
I know how to keep them calm and peaceful:)!

I got a safe full of guns that could have killed me or a thousand people .
The fact is the gun doesn't just get up one morning and say I'M GOING TO GO KILL PEOPLE. people kill people the gun is just a tool.
If someone wants to kill people for no reason they can buy a knife at Walmart for 5 bucks or a baseball bat for about 16 bucks .
Or just pick up a rock on the side of the road and use it to kill people.the difference is.
If you come after me with a gun knife rock or baseball bat I'm going to shoot you first if I can

I can only speak for the guns I know personally and only about the period of time I've known them. Some are a lot older than me and may have been in some dicey places in their past where they had opportunity to KIIIILL! I don't think they actually got a taste for it since in the time I've known them they've all been quite well behaved. Some just hide quietly in a dark place for years. It may be true that some have killed twice as many as others though I can't attribute that to being semi-auto. I've got a really old single shot that could have killed many more than any of the semi-autos. Possibly Spaniards, Filipinos or even... gasp... indigenous native peoples. Or it may have snoozed somewhere quietly all that time before I knew it. But some of them, in the time I've know them, killed many times more than some others.... since even a big number times zero is still zero.

Clearly, the solution to gun violence is give them all to me!
I know how to keep them calm and peaceful:)!

:s0101::s0101::s0101:

I admit to owning, at times, a full-auto colon.

I got a safe full of guns that could have killed me or a thousand people .
The fact is the gun doesn't just get up one morning and say I'M GOING TO GO KILL PEOPLE. people kill people the gun is just a tool.
If someone wants to kill people for no reason they can buy a knife at Walmart for 5 bucks or a baseball bat for about 16 bucks .
Or just pick up a rock on the side of the road and use it to kill people.the difference is.
If you come after me with a gun knife rock or baseball bat I'm going to shoot you first if I can
IT's interesting; no one's jumped on the bandwagon to ban knives or other sharp objects (including machetes which have been used in attacks on others) since the incident on the MAX...not making light of the situation, just sayin'

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews