JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Romeo1Pro on my 320 4.7in pro cut slide (direct mount). I've been very satisfied with it. I even prefer it to my Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. Can't go wrong with Holosun. As soon as I can find an EPS model in stock, it will be riding on my 365 XL slide (also direct mount for the Holosun).

From my research the Legion RXP gives the best integrated solution at the right height without the use of an adapter plate.

In talking to one of the folks that does the slide milling:

"**SIG P220/P225/P226/P229 slides cannot be directly milled for any optic due to the deep cavity for the safety plunger at the rear of the slide. The only option we offer on these slides is to mill our "cross" cut to the depth of the base of the rear sight dovetail and use our cross adaptor plate to mount the optic to the slide. The cross adaptor plate adds an additional $126.50 to the cost of the milling."

So it seems the most straight forward solution is the Legion RXP - I will learn to love the red dot.

Last Edited:
I have the P226 Legion RX. And I love it. Went round and round thinking all these same thoughts.
Their Romeo1 has held up wonderfully for me - and it seems to be the lowest I found as well - works well with their suppressor iron sights as supplied.

The trigger is amazing to boot.

Legion RX. But that's just my opinion. Any P-226 would serve you well, but the Romeo is a better optic than the Holosun. I'm starting to become a fan of SIG pistols.

family.jpg

I have a Romeo1Pro on my 320 4.7in pro cut slide (direct mount). I've been very satisfied with it. I even prefer it to my Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. Can't go wrong with Holosun. As soon as I can find an EPS model in stock, it will be riding on my 365 XL slide (also direct mount for the Holosun).
EPS on the P365X Macro. A little over hang but a much bigger window than the carry variant. I've been impressed so far.

3D5A3B71-9B41-44FA-988E-D704014D3DE8.jpeg

Not on your list but you asked for opinions...and I'm sure you're not confused enough and need more choices! :D

I'd be much more interested in a SAO Legion or an X series over what you have listed. :)

I have the SAO Legion and highly recommend getting the SAO. The Single Action feels way better in my opinion. I didn't get it with the Romeo because I wanted a different optic. Took me a while to dive through all the optics cut info, but there are plenty of solid options that you can easily mount directly or with an adapter. I've used the Romeo and it's not my favorite optic for the price. Could save money and get a Holosun or if you're gonna spend $450-500 on one, Trijicon RMR or Leo DPP.

After some considerable thinking and actually touching and feeling the guns, I decided to buy the Sig P229 Legion RXP.

I'm not knowledgeable about guns so I wanted to stick close to what the factory offered.

And I wanted the optics option and this seemed like the safest approach.

Waiting for background check.

Thanks for all your input. Sig sells this model with 3 10-round mags to make it WA compliant.

Bill

After some considerable thinking and actually touching and feeling the guns, I decided to buy the Sig P229 Legion RXP.

I'm not knowledgeable about guns so I wanted to stick close to what the factory offered.

And I wanted the optics option and this seemed like the safest approach.

Waiting for background check.

Thanks for all your input. Sig sells this model with 3 10-round mags to make it WA compliant.

Bill
Awesome choice- you will love it! I went through the exact- and i mean EXACT- same agony as you trying to figure out the best option. I ended up with a Legion P226 with the Romeo 1 pro as well. I went back and forth as to whether or not to get the 'pro cut' slide version, as all my other guns carry Holosun optics as well. You can buy the pro cut slide at a later time if you decide you dont like the Romeo1Pro, but having had it now for a little while, i can say I feel very happy with the choice. I did not want the pro cut slides cut outs, wanted to keep the classic lines of the P226. Also, i have added bonus that the main Sig Optics Headquarters is just north of me, in Wilsonville. So if anything were to go wrong with the optic, I would literally just drive there to address. So far it has been very solid. The DA/SA trigger is very good out of the box, and same as you I went back and forth RE which trigger to get as well. Since getting it, i have added the Gray Guns Custom Strut System, which lightened and smoothed the trigger pull even more. For a HD gun, having the DA/SA trigger is the way to go IMO. Fit and finish is very good, and I personally LOVE the Legion finish- I have enough black guns! ;-) Dont forget to register for the 'free' soft bag and coin- they no longer include them right away, you have to register and then they will send you them.
B3725A5D-8D6C-400B-A1D2-F18864E7C028.jpeg

No adapter plate needed for the pro cut, it takes a DPP or RMR.
I'm pretty sure that optic cut is on all of the newer models without a red dot.

The pro cut is hard to look at (ugly) and would need tall sights as well, so that would be a nope for me if a Red dot is the goal.
If I was to buy another 226 and wanted a red dot it would be a 226 Legion RXP SAO.

I'm considering 2 versions of the Sig P226:

1. Sig P226 Legion RXP with Romeo1Pro optics or

2. Sig P226 Pro Cut with adapter plate for Holosun Green Dot optics.

I really like the Holosun green dot and I know nothing about the Romeo1Pro.

What are your thoughts?
Get the black one. :p

Last Edited: