JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering 2 versions of the Sig P226:

1. Sig P226 Legion RXP with Romeo1Pro optics or

2. Sig P226 Pro Cut with adapter plate for Holosun Green Dot optics.

I really like the Holosun green dot and I know nothing about the Romeo1Pro.

What are your thoughts?

Avoid adapter plates whenever possible.
This is exactly why I tend not to want my guns factory cut for an optic. They tend to necessitate adapter plate use and many companies aren't giving the option to buy an uncut model. Leave my foreskin on, dammit.

This is exactly why I tend not to want my guns factory cut for an optic. They tend to necessitate adapter plate use and many companies aren't giving the option to buy an uncut model. Leave my foreskin on, dammit.
yeah, I wish there was a standardized universal optic cut for all optics but theres not. At least Sig sells their own optic with their cut, I trust Sigs quality so I wouldnt hesitate to run their optic and it will be a much more lower profile setup.

Wrong…. 92FS

:s0108:
Langdon Tactical
IMG_20221121_110201337.jpg

I'm considering 2 versions of the Sig P226:

1. Sig P226 Legion RXP with Romeo1Pro optics or

2. Sig P226 Pro Cut with adapter plate for Holosun Green Dot optics.

I really like the Holosun green dot and I know nothing about the Romeo1Pro.

What are your thoughts?
I'd caution against some of the new Legion models as there have been accounts of rusting issues. I would do what another poster said, buy surplus and deck it out.

Go with an adapter plate and the Holosun. It's a really good red dot and trouble free now. I don't think you will have any problems. The Romeo option is probably cheaper and while a direct fit, an optic cut isn't a big deal on a milled slide.

My have a Legion is without an optic cut for now. Sights work wonderfully so I haven't sent the slide out. That said my Glocks have optics, Trijicon SRO and Holosun, respectively and there's no question optics help my accuracy.

I would choose the Legion, because I wouldn't want holes milled into my slide, and because the Legion looks like it comes with sights in the proper height.

1673314936861.png 1673314883433.png
Edit to add...I would choose a P229 if the carry pistol w/RMR slot wasn't already filled. But do what works best for you, and for the intended purpose of the firearm.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads