Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

need shooting area near molalla

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by sparelink, Aug 3, 2011.

1. sparelink

sparelink Gresham, OR Member

I am supposed to take some guys shooting tomorrow but plans have changed from where i was heading. now i will be out in Molalla and looking for somewhere to shoot as close to down town as possible. just shooting hand guns and plinking rifles. anyone have directions/coordinates to any place close?

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

There is some big gravel pit out there where people shoot. I'll ask a friend who said he's been there.

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

4. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

If i'm not mistaken , which I could possibly be, BLM has closed this area temporarily for something they are doing up there. I think I read it here on a different post.....

5. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

I have been up there since that post, and saw no closure.

Other than digging up the road, I am not really how they'd close it, unless they put a gate in somewhere. Why they would do that, I don't know.

6. cooper

cooper molalla Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The area is currently closed to some BLM/US Dept. Forestry work. I think they like working without the target shooting going on around them. For further info feel free to call the Dept. oof Forestry office in Molalla 503-829-2816 ( reopen date unclear ) There is a gate at the other side of Pine Creek Bridge which has been locked for about 3 weeks. ALSO a big heads up to users of the corridor area. You will no longer be able to access corridor area via North Fork bridge (Dickie Prarrie rd.) begining Aug 10 thru Dec. ? 2011. due to bridge closure/construction. You can still access via Molalla Forest rd. or by taking Sawtell rd. and turning on TROUT CREEK RD. CALL FOREST SERVICE BEFORE MAKING DRIVE TO UTILIZE GRAVEL PIT UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING DISSAPOINTED. SAFE SHOOTING AREAS ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN FURTHER INTO FOREST. INSTEAD TRY DRIVING TO THE END OF SAWTELL RD. INTO BLM. PLENTY OF SAFE AREAS THAT WAY. GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER YOUR BACKDROP!

7. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

Has anybody heard if the pit is open yet? My buddy and I are looking to go out tomorrow but I don't want to drive all the way out to the Tillamook forest.

8. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Memaloose pit? That's somewhat in the area.

Edit; first link if you follow my sig line.

9. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

I just found a more updated thread and the Molalla Gravel Pit is still closed.