JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Specifically, recommendations of oven brands to avoid.

I have a Panasonic that has lasted me about 20 years, but due to the humidity and my lackadaisical maintenance, it has gotten to the point where interior has rusted beyond mere cosmetic desirability.

I don't need anything fancy - I paid $200 for the Panasonic and I just use it to nuke things that don't need to be browned or baked - usually for a minute or two, sometimes 10 minutes (rice). I don't need fancy defrosting menus or presets. I just want to push the one minute button once or twice to nuke a TV dinner or cup of soup. I know what works for the times for food I want to heat.

Prefer no turntable though; today's microwaves don't need them, and it is just one more thing to go wrong, have to deal with when cleaning, and eventually makes noise. I don't need a large one either - I have limited counterspace.

I just want to avoid the problematic brands/models that don't last long.

I got the Tosiba they recommend for my mom. Works to her satisfaction.
Re-heating stuff is all she uses it for.
No popcorn, no defrosting.

Ordered an inexpensive ($110) Emerson that has a grilling element.

I know it may only last a couple of years, but it is relatively inexpensive (I could have gone cheaper, but the grill element appealed to me) and I often like to grill fries/tate tots/hash browns, egg rolls, etc. and while I have an oven, this may be quicker/easier to use. More than once I put some fries in the oven and forget that they are there and then have a blackened mess (once I had a fire) and sometimes have to unplug/reset the oven because it faults due to the heat.

Anyway, we'll see.

I was tempted to get an Amazon smart microwave, but from what I read they don't have all the bugs out of it.

Avoid this brand...

ven-crematorium-concentration-camp-ovens-162497699.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews