JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My husband passed away. He has boxes of holsters, various gun parts, etc. I'm hoping I can get some honest advice on the best way to sell these. Individually? Here on the classified ads? Ebay? I'm at a loss.
I will not be seeking to sell any actual firearms as those are meant for our son. But he has no use for 50 kydex holsters. My husband was a bit of a hoarder.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Depending on where you are, you're going to likely have to ship. You might find someone here willing to buy everything in a single purchase, but there would have to be something that an individual is looking for to purchase a big box of goodies, or a smoking price. eBay is a little easier and guarantees payment, I'm not sure if they allow him parts though, that may be in violation of their terms.

You could always post what you've got, and you might get a bite here, it really depends on what he was hoarding.

If you know what they are for, you could list them here.

Even if you don't, listing them here is still doable. I'd take one or two good pictures and try to edit numbers next to each holster. Most here know what they are and or could guess if they are for a certain gun. Then either list them as a fixed price per holster and or part or per holster and part.

Most here aren't really looking to purchase large lots of goods unless the price is extremely good. So if you have some 50 holster for $50-100 they might get snatched up ASAP, all of them in one lot. Otherwise selling them 1 at a time for say $10 or so might be more beneficial for making money.

If you are going to have a garage sale or estate sale, selling them there would also be much easier.

Another option, is to just give them to the son with the guns. As they likely go with those guns.

Best of luck and sorry for your loss.

I'll also tag the @Moderators as this is posted in the wrong spot.

If you don't mind the bother, selling on ebay will very likely get you highest price per item for gun accessories. People who live in rural areas tend to price convenience into what they are willing to pay. You'd be surprised to know what many new holsters sell for now, in particular anything made of leather. So used examples do very well in online sales. My experience is that gun parts, properly described, do well on ebay so long as they aren't "assault rifle" pieces which aren't allowed. Be aware that the ebay commish is now around 20% but higher item sales price usually more that compensates for that.

When listing holsters on ebay, be sure to identify what guns they will fit. You can usually find this out by going to manufacturer sites that have an index to their product. Most holsters are marked by a model number.

If you don't mind the bother, selling on ebay will very likely get you highest price per item for gun accessories. People who live in rural areas tend to price convenience into what they are willing to pay. You'd be surprised to know what many new holsters sell for now, in particular anything made of leather. So used examples do very well in online sales. My experience is that gun parts, properly described, do well on ebay so long as they aren't "assault rifle" pieces which aren't allowed. Be aware that the ebay commish is now around 20% but higher item sales price usually more that compensates for that.

When listing holsters on ebay, be sure to identify what guns they will fit. You can usually find this out by going to manufacturer sites that have an index to their product. Most holsters are marked by a model number.
Good advice here ^^^^
It will be a little tedious cataloging each holster, determining fitment, taking GOOD photos and then posting on Ebay.
Another way would be to donate to a gun club to be raffled off or given out as prizes.

Bill Cogsley @Cogs organizes range cleanups and features raffles for donated prizes for the participants in the cleanups. I'm sure he would appreciate any donations.

Good advice here ^^^^
It will be a little tedious cataloging each holster, determining fitment, taking GOOD photos and then posting on Ebay.
Another way would be to donate to a gun club to be raffled off or given out as prizes.

Bill Cogsley @Cogs organizes range cleanups and features raffles for donated prizes for the participants in the cleanups. I'm sure he would appreciate any donations.
This is a great idea. What if we could work out a way that she donates the whole lot to NWFA for a fund raising raffle, and in return several of us send a few bucks to her? If we do it right it's win/win. Saves her time and effort and helps keep the forum going. Or is it too complicated? @Hunch would you be open to something like that? If so I'll see what Joe thinks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top