JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Simpleman, can you have to many of any type of firearm? Yeah maybe so if your plans include Bugout. Don't know how much food and arms/ammo you can hump or where?
Sarge with all due respect, this year I'll turn 70. Been involved with survival and emergency services since 17 years old, if you don't count scouting. Several service related survival schools, so I can relate to everyone having the same idea of living off the land will be short termed. If you lived through the bast of the bomb, you will not outrun the fall out range. Remaining in place in a sealed environment (best you can) is your only chance. However, more likely is EP bomb that will stop your car and melt any electron chip to not working. The third choice that can occur is biological that has its own set of survival rules. None of this will have anything to do with handguns, rifles or ammo. Sorry sir, but armed troops can only be blue helmeted pop up targets.
Our troops, I suspect if not busy in sand and poppyland, would not repond to unlawful orders. Even if formed, there are not numbers to go door to door. At least not in my area. Troop movement doesn't go well with landslides and bridges out. Safety in numbers, I would suggest a neighborhood watch, disaster planning with perhaps experts in different fields of survival invited for informational talks. Formulate an area plan for emergencies including needs.
Back to the subject of chosing survival firearms. Best that is pretty inclusive, was written by Mel Tappan called "Survival Guns". He also wrote a second book of kind of questions and answers, Called "Tappan on Survival" Mel actually lived in hills of Southern Oregon outside of Ashland until his unexpected death. He wrote for "Guns and Ammo for some years on the subject of survival in monthly articles. Feb 77 to June of 80. His last book was published in 1981, by J**** Press. Basic thought is one should have a battery of firearms, with suggestions and thoughts of choices were in his first book. Medical, foods, and other such topics should be such as Tom Brown's books. There is some very good instructional by membership with a Urban Survival how to prepare for disaster type settings that was offered through US Concealed Carry Assoc. based back in Wisconsin. It also does not recommend moving out of familiar areas but building a plan within your residential place of where you will most likely face emergencies both natural and man made.
Membership gives you a complete course with DVDs, monthly newsletter where ideas can be exchanged and answers to asked questions given, Also a free newsletters are available, with those I have read being point on. Hope this put things back on track and an informational addition for reading material. I think if you can find Mel's writtings you will glean a lot of valuable information, that so far, I have not seen, that approaches this subject!

Simpleman, can you have to many of any type of firearm? Yeah maybe so if your plans include Bugout. Don't know how much food and arms/ammo you can hump or where?
Sarge with all due respect, this year I'll turn 70. Been involved with survival and emergency services since 17 years old, if you don't count scouting. Several service related survival schools, so I can relate to everyone having the same idea of living off the land will be short termed. If you lived through the bast of the bomb, you will not outrun the fall out range. Remaining in place in a sealed environment (best you can) is your only chance. However, more likely is EP bomb that will stop your car and melt any electron chip to not working. The third choice that can occur is biological that has its own set of survival rules. None of this will have anything to do with handguns, rifles or ammo. Sorry sir, but armed troops can only be blue helmeted pop up targets.
Our troops, I suspect if not busy in sand and poppyland, would not repond to unlawful orders. Even if formed, there are not numbers to go door to door. At least not in my area. Troop movement doesn't go well with landslides and bridges out. Safety in numbers, I would suggest a neighborhood watch, disaster planning with perhaps experts in different fields of survival invited for informational talks. Formulate an area plan for emergencies including needs.
Back to the subject of chosing survival firearms. my family and friends have enough guns and ammo to make sure you don't take them.
He wrote for "Guns and Ammo for some years on the subject of survival in monthly articles. Feb 77 to June of 80. His last book was published in 1981, by J**** Press. Basic thought is one should have a battery of firearms, with suggestions and thoughts of choices were in his first book. Medical, foods, and other such topics should be such as Tom Brown's books. There is some very good instructional by membership with a Urban Survival how to prepare for disaster type settings that was offered through US Concealed Carry Assoc. based back in Wisconsin. It also does not recommend moving out of familiar areas but building a plan within your residential place of where you will most likely face emergencies both natural and man made.
Membership gives you a complete course with DVDs, monthly newsletter where ideas can be exchanged and answers to asked questions given, Also a free newsletters are available, with those I have read being point on. Hope this put things back on track and an informational addition for reading material. I think if you can find Mel's writtings you will glean a lot of valuable information, that so far, I have not seen, that approaches this subject!
The eminent Mr.Tappan wrote in his "Tappan On Survival" that one should have a survival library. Really! What does a person expect from one book in today's complex society? I suggest that anyone wishing to read up on survival do some research about the number of threats facing our society and then try to determine how many sources of information one needs. So a +1 for Tappans books and take a look at "Preparedness Now" by Aton Edwards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top