JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone with a Nosler book pass .308 and 3006 load data onto me from there Nosler manual for there 30 cal. 168g boat tail match #28473?
I have the one book one caliber for both calibers but the Nosler section is scarce on info.
Really like how Hornady and others specify model number in there load data.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thx! Amazing how inconclusive there site is. I feel like I'm still guessing which load data to use. Might be my I experience.

Powder no problem. I guess I really like some of the other manufacturers way of listing bullet model number. Then giving a complete load recipe. Takes the guesswork out of it. Probably me not slowing down long enough to read the fine print. I'll take another look. One of the things I like about reloading is that it forces me to slow down.

Takes the guesswork out of it. Probably me not slowing down long enough to read the fine print.
Wait until you progress to the arena of 'specialized' loadings - where you may be using alternative bullets and powders where there is little data to draw from.

Typically these are reduced loads and that is its own 'world' you may never enter.

For some reason my phone keeps chopping off the top of the page. These pics are from Nosler #6.
Both the 308 and the 30-06 data is for these Nosler bullets.
Nosler bullets.jpg
Nosler 308 168gr data.jpg
30-06
Nolser 168gr data.jpg

I think where you are getting confused is that you want data for one specific bullet and Nosler lists the same data for 9 different bullets. The data is a guide and reference but isn't an absolute. Any of the listed loads will shoot safely and they even list the load THEY liked best. Now you are into the alchemy part of loading and that is finding YOUR best load. That's why they call it load development.

Data for Sierra 168gr Match King and Speer 168gr Target Match will work the same for that Nosler bullet.
Yeah, most cup n core bullets share similar recipes. Just look at a Lyman manual where things are more generic. It's always nice to have the data a specific bullet manufacturer came up with, but when they don't list the powder you want to use another manual can get you close.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but remember, start low and work up.

I think where you are getting confused is that you want data for one specific bullet and Nosler lists the same data for 9 different bullets. The data is a guide and reference but isn't an absolute. Any of the listed loads will shoot safely and they even list the load THEY liked best. Now you are into the alchemy part of loading and that is finding YOUR best load. That's why they call it load development.
I'll take all the schooling I can get. Thx!

Word ^^^

Write this on the board 10 times and then repeat after me...

:)

Another factor that should be pointed out is that the bullets you are using are no longer produced so you are going to have to pick something that matches as closely as possible. I would go by the Custom Competition specs if it was me.

Refer back to what @oremike said above. :)

Consider buying a LoadBook for each caliber. They are printed in Klamath Falls Oregon and are a compilation of data from all major manufacturers relating to powder and bullets in a given cartridge. You can order direct or buy on eBay.

Last Edited:
Consider buying a LoadBook for each caliber. They are printed in Klamath Falls Oregon and are a compilation of data from all major manufacturers relating to powder and bullets in a given cartridge. You can order direct or buy on eBay.

I agree. I have them for every caliber I load.

Last year, I sent requests to the various bullet makers for sample bullets to check feeding in a .41 AE conversion High Power clone. At prevailing prices, I did not want to buy 100 of each (if I could even locate any!) only to find that they were not compatible. Of all the makers, only Nosler stepped up and comped me 10 bullets - when I had offered to pay for them.

Nosler gets my business.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top