JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gentlemen,

I have a glock 21 gen 4 guide rod assembly which was described to me as a "titanium part", but my google search didn't help me to identify what exactly this is.

Any help in pointing make, model and material would be great

Thank you

IMG_20220828_162235.jpg IMG_20220828_162255.jpg

I wouldn't care that much. Either it works as a recoil spring and guide rod or it doesn't. Stock ones are cheap and work great.

Here's a similar looking one, google image search, took about 10 seconds.

Any help in pointing make, model and material would be great
I'm not entirely sure what info is requested about the photos, but that is a gen 4 guide rod and spring set. It's aftermarket and "could" be stainless steel, titanium or tungsten. Can't tell the mfg the previous owner put in it though. More likely titanium or tungsten from the looks of it, but there are some aftermarket SS rods with brushed matte finishes that "could" look more like one of the other materials.

The weight will be the surest way to tell between them.

Are you asking for the part number for a glock OEM plastic guide rod to replace it with?

I found this from one mfg and might help. Obviously, different mfg's rods might weigh a bit different but should be well in the ballpark to identify what you have.

1661770735750.png

These would be rod weight (no springs installed).

Thank you for your time to respond, gentlemen.

The purpose of the question is to find out if it is really "high end performance" part. Or just a glorified OEM replacement.

Original factory Glock assembly works well for me and if it is indeed high end expensive part, I would much rather sell it to someone with a level of skill to appreciate it and get myself a quality holster or some defensive ammo instead.

Thanks again

Thank you for your time to respond, gentlemen.

The purpose of the question is to find out if it is really "high end performance" part. Or just a glorified OEM replacement.

Original factory Glock assembly works well for me and if it is indeed high end expensive part, I would much rather sell it to someone with a level of skill to appreciate it and get myself a quality holster or some defensive ammo instead.

Thanks again
We are talking about something that might be around $30. I don't know that the aftermarket parts market is so hot that it makes a meaningful difference.

Gotcha! "High performance" is in the eye of the owner and what they are trying to achieve.

A titanium, retail, runs maybe $30-$45 depending on the mfg. Tungsten is the spendy one. Without knowing the mfg you're probably looking at the lower price range, but ya never know who's willing to pay what for what they want, right?

Considering it came with it, it is a beneficial upgrade, and it would be a selling point if I wanted to resell it at some point, I would keep it, but that's obviously your call.

Gotcha! "High performance" is in the eye of the owner and what they are trying to achieve.

A titanium, retail, runs maybe $30-$45 depending on the mfg. Tungsten is the spendy one. Without knowing the mfg you're probably looking at the lower price range, but ya never know who's willing to pay what for what they want, right?

Considering it came with it, it is a beneficial upgrade, and it would be a selling point if I wanted to resell it at some point, I would keep it, but that's obviously your call.
I tend to agree. It did start as a mystery case, but not worth much effort selling a cat in a bag for a few bucks, lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top