Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help, 9mm rebuild

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by soulrider, Jun 23, 2011.

1. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

OK guys.... I am in need of some help. and I think this is the right place to ask.

I found part of an old pistol that was my dads. I need to find parts for it. It is a bryco 59 9mm

I remember something on the pistol breaking and the slide and some other parts fell over board off the boat. I guess dad tossed it in a box and there it sat until I found it after he died.

I have shot the pistol with my dad and would like to rebuild it. SO anything local would be great

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. soulrider

Ya i know about 1 of the recalls thanx.... pretty much just want to get it in working condition again, not really going to shoot it. It is more of a sentimental thing. BUT I am going to read the recalls to see what else it might be.

4. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

5. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

from time to time on gunbroker you will find parts and part guns

6. soulrider

@ velzey thank you for the link I have been looking but come up with nothing.
    @ saxon thank you.... I looked there and they had a couple things and then a few were closed.

Thank you for the help here guys it means a lot.

7. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

and i have to say as crappy as a rep they get the one i had never had a single issue, worked like a dream

8. soulrider

Ya the only problem I remember with it was it jammed once...... but It was my fault I dropped the mag and didnt clean it off. and then out on the boat that day. dad and I shot it all the time until the slide committed suicide into the ocean.... LOL