JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I traded for this Mak-90 a while back, never wanted one but figured I'd give it a go. Gun still has never been fired, by me or original owner. Anyway, since I never had reason to pay attention to 7.62x39 ammo prices I have no idea what is realistic, meaning price before Sandy, and what is just stupid *** nut crazy. What was 500-1000 rounds going for before all this crap? I refuse to buy into the insanity and will wait to shoot until things come back in line. Heck, could be another 2 months to make it 922 compliant anyway.

Just don't want to spend $500 on a thousand rounds I could have had for $350 a few months ago or from now.

Before 0bongo was first elected, 762x39 was ~$80/1000
After our holy lord and master took office it doubled...at least.
Now that the master of the universe sits in the 0fal 0riafice 'again'...well, it's sad times for the soup line ammo buyers :(

Just sayin :)

I think it was down to the $250 range. I was kinda keeping an eye out. I have not bought any for a long time but I was thinking about buying if it hit $200.

I bought 1000 rds of Herters non corrosive from Cabelas for $200 and got free shipping on one of there specials in October 2012. I also remember it being $75 for 1000 6 to 8 years ago. but I remember 200 was a good deal especially for Cabelas.

Two months ago I bought 2K rounds of wolf WPA 7.62x39 at $299 per thousand and it was free s&h. Now if you can find it, it's $400 or more for 1K rounds. Before sandy hook, I got golden Tigger for $199 per 1K with $28 for s&h.
Try finding AK msgs..... Still a challenge...... For me anyways but I got plenty.

I'm not expecting the prices to go back to what we're used to. Why would they drop them when we will pay more?
And,eventually you will have to,to keep up your stock.

I bubblegumed my friend out for buying a lower for $175,he's just feeding the problem

A few weeks ago I paid $8.00 per pack for three 20 round boxes of Tula in Everett. I check Wally World about every 8-10 days and never see it. Somewhere I have an ammo can with maybe a hundred rounds but its likely way in the back of my storage unit. DAMMIT! At least its brass case but I can't remember brand. IMHO I don't think ammo will ever come down. At local Gunshows folks sell bricks of 22LR at $75.00, Stop the insanity.

JCM :s0131:

After Obama bin Laden was elected the first time, I told anybody who would listen to get their guns and ammo NOW! Some did and some didn't. Guess who's crying now? And, I think that when the cost of gasoline goes back down to 20 cents per gallon (yes, I remember that!), then ammo prices will become really low again. But, don't hold your breath!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top