JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yes every ankle holster I have ever tried sucked unless I was wearing 8" high work boots to hold the POS up from dropping down to the level of the arch in my foot. Unless you have the oddest shaped ankles and lower legs where the holster mounts is tapered down towards the foot so as soon as you move a muscle the ankle starts working its way down.

So look for one with the Gaiter that comes up above your calf muscle and creates a way to hang the thing in your pant leg.

YMMV

Unless you are wearing scrubs everyday, I can't think of a reason to recommend an ankle holster.
I've been looking for a good one to hold a P238 in for when I volunteer at my daughters school. I spend several hours a week working with kindergarteners and while I CC with an IWB holster for my XDS, the everyday requirements I deal with in this class really necessitate a deeper concealment somewhere kids won't find it when they try and tackle me. Granted it isn't the fastest drawing holster, not every setting requires you have that kind of access. Should something occur in my kids school, I know I have, at least, 2 minutes to draw and take a defensive position either in the classroom or building the classroom is in.

Last Edited:
Buy a small auto and a back pocket holster then get one of the thin 4 card type wallets. I carry a Bauer .25 auto in a wallet holster with a thin black wallet that is almost the size of a jeans back pocket. I have carried everywhere and no one has ever seen it. I can tuck my tee shirt in I can wear nothing but a pair of cutoffs (gotta use a belt due to body shape) and still be totally concealed.

Heck I stood next to the Security section at Portland air port with TSA agents walking all around me while I watched the wife go through security and No one had a clue.

I carried a S&W Model 15 on my ankle for many years when I was active duty. The cut/fit of the flightsuit made our issued shoulder (armpit) holsters very uncomfortable, and I spent a lot of time in flight sitting at the FE station.

I didn't carry the gun on the side of my foot- it was too heavy and made me walk funny. I rotated it so the gun sat in front of my leg. It could only slide down to the top of my foot if it was going to slide at all. It was just a cheap nylon holster with some elastic running up to a velcro strap that wrapped around the calf. I had to fold the elastic and sew it together- the shorter length kept the gun up high on my boot.

I would not ankle carry anything heavier than an LCP or airweight Colt Pony. Never as a primary. Third gun, it would be "got hit in the head and disarmed, last ditch bugout gun they missed" kinda thing

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top