JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a weatherby mark V in 300 weatheby off from gun broker and it arrived this week. I also purchased a Leupold Freedom 4-12X40 30 mm tube and side focus ( about five bills). The scope is too short by about an inch and a half to fit between the custom mounts / rings.. I am going to be looking for another quality scope but need a longer tube for previous reasons. Any recommendations - I would like to spend around 500$ or so - suggestions?

I'm sure you already found a solution by now, but a quick look at the Leupold website shows that your scope has a total mounting space of 5.94" The overall length of the scope is 12.39"

It seems like you'd need a scope in the 13.5" overall length range to make it work with the mounts you have. As far as specific ideas, nothing really pops into my mind in the 4-12 category!

Here is the link to the spec sheet for your VX-Freedom (or at least what I assume your model is).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top