JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was out at the peak pit shooting some of my guns and decided to put a couple mags through my "mailbox gun" which is a NAA Gaurdian in .32 acp.

When it broke the drawbar spring, rendering the entire firearm useless…and doing some research suggests it is a common problem on these guns

Its an easy fix, but I kinda don't trust it anymore for carry because it renders the firearm completely useless when it breaks. Which is obviously not a situation I wish to find myself in

Has anyone else had this issue with NAA guardians, and would you still trust it for carry even in limited capacity?

This little guy right here

9F39398D-3CC6-4A5E-993C-B3B3A9F0DA25.jpeg

Wow! I have one, same caliber too.
Admittedly Ive only shot mine twice, but I be keeping an eye on mine from what transpired from yours.
I hope it doesn't happen to yours, but apparently some folks keep spares if they shoot them frequently.

I've put around 100 rounds through it and dry fires it probably an additional 100-200 times.

To be fair to the pistol I did get it used, but it seemed hardly shot.

I'm thinking this will be relegated to BUG duty after I repair it.

I bought an NAA Guardian when it first came out to replace my CZ45 (25 acp) because I couldn't afford a Seecamp. I carried it for several years until I bought an LCP and now it just sits in the safe. I probably have about 10 boxes of 32acp through it over the years and it has always functioned perfectly for me. It is just too heavy with its stainless steel frame to carry any more. It is the reason I started carrying everyday, i.e. small and convenient.

0128192149 - Copy.jpg

I bought an NAA Guardian when it first came out to replace my CZ45 (25 acp) because I couldn't afford a Seecamp. I carried it for several years until I bought an LCP and now it just sits in the safe. I probably have about 10 boxes of 32acp through it over the years and it has always functioned perfectly for me. It is just too heavy with its stainless steel frame to carry any more. It is the reason I started carrying everyday, i.e. small and convenient.

View attachment 1287177
It is a fantastically compact firearm, and it is too convenient to have the excuse "well I'm only going to the mailbox" or what have you. But I'm kinda hesitant to trust it again once I get the spring in seeing as I broke it in such short order.

Maybe it is time for me to move up to an LCP

Yeesh! Good to know.

I like dinking with their revolvers, and quite pleased with them, but tended to shy away from their semi-autos. I musta had a premonition at some point, wrote it off as gas, but subconsiously never really entertained purchasing one again.

It is a fantastically compact firearm, and it is too convenient to have the excuse "well I'm only going to the mailbox" or what have you. But I'm kinda hesitant to trust it again once I get the spring in seeing as I broke it in such short order.

Maybe it is time for me to move up to an LCP
The LCP, or LCP II are a GREAT "always" gun. In .380 they are not "fun" to shoot but sure as hell are great for carry. I often forget I even have it in my pocket. LCPII (which I have) has a FAR better trigger but, also means its not something I would ever carry without a holster.

OFF TOPIC:

Love my NAA Pug in 22WMR!
View attachment 1287208
I still have one of the original little .22LR versions. Bought before the modern light, pocket pistols started to hit from Kel-Tec. Seldom carry it any more. Many have tried to buy it from me. I just have never been able to manage to part with it for some reason. VERY well made little guns. Of course personally I can not hit anything reliably with mine that I am not able to almost reach out and touch no matter how much I have tried. On some rare occasions though I still carry it as a "just in case". Figure if backed into a corner it would beat nothing. :D

NAA.png

I still have one of the original little .22LR versions. Bought before the modern light, pocket pistols started to hit from Kel-Tec. Seldom carry it any more. Many have tried to buy it from me. I just have never been able to manage to part with it for some reason. VERY well made little guns. Of course personally I can not hit anything reliably with mine that I am not able to almost reach out and touch no matter how much I have tried. On some rare occasions though I still carry it as a "just in case". Figure if backed into a corner it would beat nothing. :D

View attachment 1287435
Just aim for their head and you'll hit 'em in the Richard, and vise-versa if you want a head shot! :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top