JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-simple-fix-to-nfl-overtime/

"There is a much simpler solution, which is to do away with overtime as a separate period of play. If time expires in the fourth quarter while the game is tied, play should simply continue as normal, except that the next score wins. That's it. No need for a coin toss or any special back-and-forth rules. If it's 2nd and 10 on the 44-yard line when time expires in a tie game, then it should remain 2nd and 10 on the 44-yard line. The only difference is that the game clock is turned off, and the game continues only as long as it remains tied. Think of it as extending the fourth quarter rather than halting play so that a coin toss can initiate a kickoff and a whole new period."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-simple-fix-to-nfl-overtime/

"There is a much simpler solution, which is to do away with overtime as a separate period of play. If time expires in the fourth quarter while the game is tied, play should simply continue as normal, except that the next score wins. That's it. No need for a coin toss or any special back-and-forth rules. If it's 2nd and 10 on the 44-yard line when time expires in a tie game, then it should remain 2nd and 10 on the 44-yard line. The only difference is that the game clock is turned off, and the game continues only as long as it remains tied. Think of it as extending the fourth quarter rather than halting play so that a coin toss can initiate a kickoff and a whole new period."
That's not a bad idea. But like baseball, the game could go on indefinitely. I don't think the TV broadcasters would go for it. I'm convinced the rules are about what's good for TV, not what is best for the game of football. They seem to want to get games over with as quickly as possible, so as to stay on schedule.

F it! Just give everybody participation trophies! Everybody is a winner in my book. You you you you, everybody wins. We're all winners trying to fix fake bubblegum global warming!

272321533_10159181010086773_2233389717577490374_n.jpg

I don't know why people hate ties. Who needs overtime in college?

But let's say we're going to have overtimes. Why not just play another quarter? Let the best team win. Not the the team that just happens to get lucky from the 25 yard line. College overtime rules suck. They just suck less than NFL overtime rules.
Would you want to tear an ACL in vain for a tie? Ties in sports are just as bad as making out with your own sister.

Your Bills ?!

Only Seahawks game I attended in person was when Drew Bledsoe and the Bills came to town and crushed the Hawks. Had row L behind the bench.
Of course the entire 3rd deck was filled by Walla Walla.
Yeah , you know the Buffalo Bills, that long time suffering town, where Sabers keep stepping on their own diks, and Jim Kelly and the wide right boys good grief.

" PERFECT: NFL NOW HAS…THE WASHINGTON COMMIES! "Commanders, I mean, Commanders. The two-season search for a new name from the former Washington Redskins resulted in an outcome that makes the Cleveland Indians' name-switch to the Guardians look like genius." by Ed Driscoll Link to Article

Tom Brady Ruins Everything. "Like every bug you've ever had infesting your beloved household, Tom Brady decided to infest our lives again. Look I'm not here to disparage what he's accomplished as a quarterback in the National Football League, even though I do think he would have not been nearly as successful had he played in the NFL of the 1970s. Let's be honest here: if Brady couldn't move the ball downfield with pass interference calls his career might have lasted three years."

BREAKING: Tom Brady Comes Out of Retirement

I love the Off Season.

So, Tom Brady will be Over/Under the number of times Bret Farve "retired" ?

FWIW The Tuck Rule on ESPN+ is a pretty good documentary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top