JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I used to have some sympathy for local brick and mortars and what they have to deal with with all the online shops around now. Not any more. A local shop in philomath to remain nameless has decided to forego providing guns to their locals who have supported them through the years, instead they have opted for the quick gun broker buck! SR1911's are hard to come by, I get that, but said gunshop has a waiting list 120+/- long. So instead of getting that list their gun they have decided to put half of the SR's they get in on GB I imagine to Optimize profit. I have never mentioned online prices in a store because I get it but when they turn their back on locals for a quick buck it gets me pretty riled up! This guy is probably the same guy belly aching about how he can't compete and he is getting hosed by the likes of Budsgunshop and does something like this to people who have paid a little more to support a local guy. And no I don't want an SR I just found out about this last week and its been eating at me so I decided to vent a bit here. I guess there are a few shops in Corvallis that I can support now maybe they have a better sense of customer SERVICE!

As much as I hate to say it, I have grown tired of defending the local stores to continually have them treat me like s#!*. I will shop at the big chain stores now and online. Every private gun store I go into lately makes me feel either cheated or like I'm worthless. Places that I spend thousands of dollars. Up until 2 weeks ago I thought the east side of
Portland had one good shop. They have quite literally over $15,000 of my money in the last 2 years alone. I won't be going back and it actually hurts my feelings. I liked the employees and I liked the prices and service. It's almost as if once you become a semi-familiar face, they no longer need to treat you like a customer. Just ring you up and send you on your way. Thanks for the thread. I feel better already. Kip.

come on!

I'm not really following here you don't want an sr1911 but your upset because they are in short supply/high demand and the dealer can move them at a better price on the web why not buy it off gun broker from the dealer? How many times have you guys purchased guns, ammo or accessories from someone or on line because it's a few bucks cheaper (everyone has done it, i have! ) or on a sale or trade in going with another dealer that offers you 50-100 bucks in your favor on a trade in ....but that's OK ! If a dealer does basically the same in reverse he's an a-hole?

Dealers are in business to make money and you want the best price you can get .. nothing wrong with either sides of a transaction

Making money isn't the problem here! The problem is creating a bidding war amongst his own customers. If he puts it on his shelf for $900 I could care less. But when he takes people in on waiting list then throws half the guns he gets on gunbroker, now he's an A-hole!! And just for your info pdx I don't haggle prices in a gun shop. If its a good deal I buy it if its not I walk away and look else where.

....but whats a good deal, Is the suggested manufactures retail price good enough for you cuz plenty of people it isn't ? I can often do better but not always at the same dealer. I understand your point but why is it ok for you to walk into a gun store and not buy a gun/ accessories because you don't feel its a good deal but a dealer cant sell on line because he feels it's a better deal for him ?

Here's the other thing most dealers wont tell you, on line sales are nice because they don't have to deal with the customers some are great people and some a PITA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top