JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My neighbors, typical entitlement generation! Bumper stickers and all...

I returned home from work at 11pm last night to find the neighbors car in my spot. I look across the street and all three of their cars are gone... Why? because today is street sweeper day. They raked a huge pile of leaves into their spots and parked in front of my house.

Guess who's Jeep parked right on top of their leaf pile...

:s0087:

Part two, this morning...

I left to go to the store this morning. Perfect timing, the guy had just turned around and was driving up the street. I got into the Jeep, he rolled down his passenger window and backed up to my window which I had rolled down eagerly wanting a discussion.

Him: You parked on my leaf pile...

Me: you parked in my spot, I wanted my frontage swept too.

Him: you raked your leaves and dumped them last weekend.

Me: It wasn't your choice to decide if my place gets swept... You're rude...

Him: <sarcastic> Really...

Me: you've got a lot of nerve being mad at me...

Him: <storms off mad in his car...>

barack_obama_frown.jpg

Ha Ha! My wife would have parked on their leaves too! I am so sorry that you have neighbors that you can't trust or be friendly with. I am fortunate in my neighbors, very fortunate!

We are mostly lucky. The two nieghbors we have that are less then steller are not usually a direct problem.

The ones behind our 8' back fence (their rain gutter needs mowing is the easiet way to describe them) only only direct problem with them is the wild nature preserve they call a back yard and its attempts at pushing blackberrys through our fence. The wife has taken to jumping the fence and leaving about two sprayers of Crossbow herbicide on their side of the fence each spring. She's managed to get quite a dead zone along the fence.

The ones across from us at a 45 degree angle on the main street is a grandma who runs what I am sure is a day care for all her kids and grand kids and all their friends kids etc. Well the teen age to early 20 something boys in the family think grandma's place is an auto repair shop so they are always coming and going and no matter how much they all seam to work on their POS pickups they never seam to get quieter. The front yard is a mud hole. The area besides the driveway they finally had to have someone come dump a truck load of gravel in when one of the min vans got so stuck they couldn't pull it out with just one 4x4 toyota pickup.

The little kids are always running between cars into the street or something. For a while they were driving a small ATV up and down the flag lot driveway next to grandmas house for hours on end rev up throttle down turn around rev up shampoo rinse and repeat was really getting old fast.

Our other neighbors are long term good folks we are friends with. Next door has been nice enough to have a pretty daughter (she's now in her early 20's) who has lots of pretty friends come visit sometimes the view is amazing from my front porch and carport LOL,.

The word you're searching for is hypocrisy not irony and this cancels out your point.

Portland's leaf-removal fee puzzles, angers residents | OregonLive.com

I pay extra for leaf collecting in "my spot" as dictated by the city! I move my cars off street on leaf collection day! This isn't about parking it's about collecting leaves on the spots I am forced to pay to have them collected on, aka "my spot".

You're correct, I used the wrong word. I was merely commenting on your comment of your neighbors being of the 'entitlement generation'.

So, let me see if i got this straight......You had already cleaned up the leaves from your side of the road? (You do realize you are not forced to pay for leaf clean-up in front of your house? There is an "OPT-OUT" by Nov first option.)

Your neighbor across from you had raked his leaves into neat piles, as suggested by the city, into the street for leaf clean-up day?

Neighbor had parked his car on your, clean side of the street?

You were ticked, rightfully so perhaps, and parked your car on his leaf piles? And then had not-so-friendly words with your across the street neighbor?

Is that correct??

Seems to me, now the neighbor isn't going to be all that neighborly anymore. You have large piles of leaves to look at, and watch slowly decompose over winter. When the East wind comes the leaves may blow all over the hood and possibly into YOUR yard.

Obama has something to do with this????????????????????

Doesn't make sense.

Mike

When we bought our house I polity explained to my neighbors how I am.They will not even know we are here as long as their crap(Drama,cars,family,crack heads,political junk) stays on their side of the fence.I respect their space,and expect the same.We have one that thinks she owns 15ftx120ft of my property.She knows we are here,my wife has to deal with her so I don't go to prison.People should relearn the action RESPECT others and their property.

So, let me see if i got this straight......You had already cleaned up the leaves from your side of the road? (You do realize you are not forced to pay for leaf clean-up in front of your house? There is an "OPT-OUT" by Nov first option.)

Your neighbor across from you had raked his leaves into neat piles, as suggested by the city, into the street for leaf clean-up day?

Neighbor had parked his car on your, clean side of the street?

You were ticked, rightfully so perhaps, and parked your car on his leaf piles? And then had not-so-friendly words with your across the street neighbor?

Is that correct??

Seems to me, now the neighbor isn't going to be all that neighborly anymore. You have large piles of leaves to look at, and watch slowly decompose over winter. When the East wind comes the leaves may blow all over the hood and possibly into YOUR yard.

Obama has something to do with this????????????????????

Doesn't make sense.

Mike

Wrong

I'm with you. You were in the right, if nothing else to prove a point.

I live in an apt complex in a nice area in Vancouver. Our apts accept section 8 housing so its now filled with dirtbags, all with obama stickers. F-d up thing is a lot of them have multiple cars, motorcycles, big flat screen tvs, etc. my neighbor has two cars, two motorcycles and rents two garages.
And he always takes up parking spots, and we don't have enough parking. Pisses me off. I used to (kinds still do) work two jobs and. Come home late to find nowhere to park.

It must be nice to be a POS and have no honor or respect. Ignorance is bliss.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews