JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"It has no rail. Personally, I think that rails belong on stairways, not pistols
The Shield is so flat (or my corpus so round) that the piece disappeared – poof! — like a fugitive stock swindler.
If the Shield was any more concealable, you could stuff it into your wallet next to Wednesday's Powerball ticket.
The Shield is so flat, comfy and stealthy that you might be able to sneak up on yourself.
I shot it wet. I shot it dry. I shot it limp-wristed, weak handed. I shot it with ammo so crappy it would gag a maggot. I shot it with the finest JHP ammo known to mankind. I shot it with very hot loads. Through it all, the Shield lit like an old Zippo the first time and every time.
The Shield is sweet enough to cause diabetes".
Pretty much says it for me.
Plagurized and condensed from; http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/ralph/gun-review-smith-wesson-mp9-shield/

My son has a Shield in .40, and it is a kick in the pants to shoot. Love the snap of that round over my 9, but I have a ton of 9mm ammo, so I got my Shield in that caliber.

By, "kick in the pants" do you just mean fun? Or do you mean like your balls just got kicked in?

My Glock 35 seems to have almost no recoil. The inch less barrel--and smaller weight--of the G22 really brings a lot more recoil to the thing. I could imagine an even smaller platform of the Shield making the 40 almost a monster. What do you think?

I've owned a Kahr PM45, which wasn't really too bad, so maybe this is along those lines, which is less than I might think, but still more than 9mm.

Last Edited:
By, kick in the pants" do you just mean fun? Or do you mean like your balls just got kicked in?

My Glock 35 seems to have almost no recoil. The inch less barrel--and smaller weight--of the G22 really brings a lot more recoil to the thing. I could imagine an even smaller platform of the Shield making the 40 almost a monster. What do you think?

I've owned a Kahr PM45, which wasn't really too bad, so maybe this is along those lines, which is less than I might think, but still more than 9mm.

IT IS FUN! I prefer my 9 if I am shooting a lot of rounds, but the extra kick of the 40 is fun sometimes. It is still very controllable, the Shield is well designed

I put 100 rds thru a Shield in 40 today - ran mostly 165gr, but also some 180. Other than the very first string, not much different than a small 9mm. At the end of the day my hand is not sore.

I had a PF-9 - and that gun was "snappy" Much worse than the Shield in 40.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top