1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

My little target .22 Best place for drill and tap?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by 2Wheels4Ever, Apr 15, 2012.

1. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

This is the second handgun that I got and it will stay with me for a long time. I really need to find out the name of the guy who build it, but he did a really nice job. It started as a ruger standard, and this gentleman built it for himself in the mid 80's. I am not sure exactly of everything he did to it but I know that he hand made a barrel, all of the trigger mechanisms, put in an over-travel screw, stippled the front and back straps, and I believe lightened the bolt slightly. The trigger on this gun is amazing. It breaks like glass right around 2.5 lbs. I overpaid for the gun, but after I felt the trigger I had to have it. I just started in bullseye competition this September, and I am in love. I am debating on whether or not I should get the gun drilled and tapped for a mount. Anyone know a good smith that could do it?
  2. Sheldon

Sheldon California Member

Nice shooting!!! I love my MKII pistols too. Wonder if Clark Custom Guns did the work??