JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am writing to share my disappointment with your company in its decision to continue sponsorship of the NFL. Several members of my family are combat veterans and law enforcement. We take great pride in our service and were very upset at USAA's decision to sponsor an organization that condones the disrespect of the very symbol of our sacrifice. Doesn't USAA exist through those that meet the membership criteria of having served, or family of those that have served?

The NFL has made it clear they will not encourage its players and staff to show respect for our nation and its flag, the very symbol of the sacrifice made by our service members and their families. However, the NFL has made statements and threatened to issue punishment to players who have attempted to commemorate the sacrifices made by our military and first responders. It wasn't until pressure from various groups that forced the NFL to allow 9/11 commemorative cleats to be worn without fines. Despite pressure from various organizations, the NFL stood fast in denying the Dallas Cowboys from memorializing fallen Dallas LEOs with something so benign as a small sticker.

In your sponsorship of the NFL, you are supporting an organization that encourages the disrespect of our national anthem, our flag, and all that it symbolizes in the name of "free speech". In your sponsorship of the NFL, you are supporting an organization that has threatened punishment to players and teams who wished to use their free speech to show respect to our service members and those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

This only leads me to believe that USAA no longer appreciates its members other than the money we send your way. USAA has lost its dedication to service in exchange for money. It leads me to believe that I will exercise my freedom of expression by closing my accounts with USAA and taking my business elsewhere if USAA doesn't withdraw their sponsorship of the NFL and begin to make serious amends by issuing apologies to its membership. I understand I will likely pay more for these services elsewhere and I don't care. I have extra money from canceling my cable.

I won't be the only one doing this and I will be posting copies of this letter where it might reach other members that USAA has turned its back on.

I will send something similar to them. I told the nfl, thank you. After the last few years and the lack of consistent rules this has been perfect. I now have my Sunday, Monday and Thursday night back. They get paid to play. I saw something someone posted about Rosa Parks protesting. Idiot, she wasn't at work. They want to protest stay home. Like little b1tches needing more attention. I would tell them quit your nfl job and go into politics. The Seahawks... who. LeBron is a turd. Don't these idiots know that it's just more stuff we have to explain to the children that don't understand this. Maybe we should give them a mic like wrestling so they can air their problems... not. Thank you mature athletes for turning the game into a circus.

Pat Tillman gave up his job and his life and these whiny girlie men can't even do their day job.

Works for me. Heck, I was going to go somewhere else this year because they jacked up my rates for no dang good reason.

Nathaniel,
USMC active duty
US Army Reserve

Thank you for all who have served and/or continue and those that support the military. Call them on it and this bs. Tell them you plan on going elsewhere and see if your rates change.

If it's not about disrespect then before they enter the stadium and after is when they can pull their little act.

I feel like I'm on a roll. I'm getting so much done minus sports tv.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top