JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am the caretaker for my dad I didn't realize how much my dog kept my dad happy.I'd like to get a lab but I can say ask me a long time until I can afford one I'm picky about dogs I hope to find a runt female I found it right it was $2000 Holy cow hopefully I can use some of my tax returns to get a dog

A dog from a rescue org/shelter should probably cost a lot less than $2K - I would think.
+1. There's probably a Lab Rescue in your area. Worth checking with them to see what they have. :)

I'm also sorry for the loss of your pup. They are such precious little souls and with us for far too short of time. I wish you and your family peace.

1) As one who has shed tears over the loss of fur people friends, my condolences.

2) I 2nd the motion to check on adopting a companion critter. There is a pup who would just love to join you and yours.

3) Purebred dogs have more genetic health issues than mutts and crossbreeds, e.g. hip dysplasia.

4) PAWS is a great place to look for your new pet. We got our 2 kitties there.

Check with your local Shelter's, they get pups all the time, and certain areas are more likely to have Labradors then others! Mid Willamette Valley will likely have labs come through fairly often! Also, check the local feed and seed stores, lots of folks post adds locally! Finally, Oregon Live has an online pet section you can browse to find a new fur buddy!

So sorry for your loss, we had to say good by to our beloved Golden Retriever last march, and I still miss that goofy critter with the giant heart!

First of all, I offer you my sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved dog.

Rescue lab websites are great places to look if your heart is set on another great lab puppy or dog.

LABS are great dogs to own and they make outstanding family pets.

Some of my best friends, back east, owned Labs and they loved to play with my dogs too.

Plus there are many MIXED BREED dogs that are fabulous pets but be sure to know what the MIX is when it comes to their heritage.

Some SHELTER (County or private ones.) 'rescued dogs' in some VERY SPECIFIC breeds (NOT Labs.) were sent away to some places AND the former owner did not fully DISCLOSE on WHY they gave up on that specific BREED of DOG.

Some of those dogs have a HISTORY of poor behavior, dangerous behavior and some of those 'breeds' are KNOWN for specific issues. A lot of them are NOT bred well and too much inbreeding makes them even WORSE.

So beware of those issues and it is not just scuttlebutt when I state this here.

Best wishes to you and your Dad too.

Cate

I can sympathize. My Labs, two white 13&1/2 Y.O. litter sisters are maxing out. One's hips are going fast and the other is deaf. I know it wont be very long and im dreading the days. They have been GREAT dogs. I just hope that they pass in their sleep-wishfull thinking im sure. Its going to hurt to put em down! Anyway GL finding another. Like many have said look for lab rescue groups im sure there is one hopefully close my friend!

I am the caretaker for my dad I didn't realize how much my dog kept my dad happy.I'd like to get a lab but I can say ask me a long time until I can afford one I'm picky about dogs I hope to find a runt female I found it right it was $2000 Holy cow hopefully I can use some of my tax returns to get a dog
Dont know where you are but here in Idaho Labs, for AKC, are much cheaper. Ive seen AKC pups for under $500 at times though some go for up to $1000. Thats still half what you are seeing. Maybe a "Puppy Road Trip"?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top