JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ladies and gentlemen, it is a sad day for me.......:(

My CZ Scorpion is broke! The buffer spring guide rod thingy is what broke. I was taking the rifle apart to clean it, and I know how to do it, quite easy. Next thing I know is the spring goes flying but the piece that holds it together is ...poof...gone. :( I was not sure it was broke until I did a search on the net. The thingy was not dropped. It has not yet reached 1000 rounds, either! I am the first owner and made no changes to it. I really hope CZ takes care of me as I have spent $1000s on their products.

I searched this forum for threads on broken CZ Scorpions, has anyone had any problems? Does anyone have any experience with their customer service?

The picture order got messed around as I was uploading them. The spring is supposed to be tensed between two pieces; the broken piece apparently is made of polymer where as the other end is steel. I used a magnet to test. The first photo (found on the net), which is shown on a mat is how it should be, and the other four are mine in its broken state. (sigh) :(
1570069159622.png
IMG_20191002_182513.jpg IMG_20191002_182623.jpg IMG_20191002_182543.jpg IMG_20191002_182633.jpg

For some bloody reason they are closed for the day - hours before their closing time. WTF! They appear to have been closed since Oct. 1 due to technical difficulties.

For some bloody reason they are closed for the day - hours before their closing time. WTF! They appear to have been closed since Oct. 1 due to technical difficulties.
Bummer, let us know when you reach them and how they treat you. I have to guess this is a very rare thing. I hear nothing but good things about these fun little guns. Hope you can get it going again soon.

Shoulda bought a Sig MPX.

I kid because I care. :s0140:

Good luck getting it fixed bro, keep us up to speed on the process!

Bummer, let us know when you reach them and how they treat you. I have to guess this is a very rare thing. I hear nothing but good things about these fun little guns. Hope you can get it going again soon.
I have never had a problem with CZ. Love their products! And Dan Wesson!

I understood the joke, honest. Sorry if it felt like I was being snappy. I was just sharing my experience with the MPX. Again, sorry. (Maybe I am pissed CZ is closed for whatever reason.) You good, mate.

That is strange that they're closed. I get your frustration. :)

Kboom.:eek: Squib 3" in the barrel and a 165gr fired into the back of it. :eek: Sucker took it like a champ and blew the left side plate out. Bought the rebuild parts, the kboom was my error. Side plate showed up for a Gen3 and they did not list Gen2 side plates available. Called to ask about getting a G2 side plate and they said "why did you not just call us and send it in on warranty?" I said, "it was my own error, not the gun". CZ "does not matter you have 5yr warranty send it in, we will see what we can do".

I sent it in w/ the side plate, lower and full bolt I had bought from them when I was tying to fix it myself, shipped in a small box since it was a pile of parts. 1 week later they next day air it back to me in a new full-sized box, 100% fixed with all new parts AND my $400 of parts I had bought they did not use and returned to me. No charge.

Lesson #1 Buy CZ they take care of the customer.
Lesson #2 run powder check on all loads
Lesson #3 run powder check on all loads (Loaded 100'sk of rounds first time for it)

IMG_2530.jpg

Last Edited:
Kboom.:eek: Squib 3" in the barrel and a 165gr fired into the back of it. :eek: Sucker took it like a champ and blew the left side plate out. Bought the rebuild parts, the kboom was my error. Side plate showed up for a Gen3 and they did not list Gen2 side plates available. Called to ask about getting a G2 side plate and they said "why did you not just call us and send it in on warranty?" I said, "it was my own error, not the gun". CZ "does not matter you have 5yr warranty send it in, we will see what we can do".

I sent it in w/ the side plate and full bolt I had bought from them when I was tying to fix it myself, shipped in a small box since it was a pile of parts. 1 week later they next day air it back to me in a new full-sized box, 100% fixed with all new parts AND my $400 of parts I had bought they did not use and returned to me. No charge.

Lesson #3 run powder check on all loads (Loaded 100'sk of rounds first time for it)

View attachment 621758

Wow! I'm glad they took care of you. @trevi that's good news to hear their CS is top notch!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is a sad day for me.......:(

My CZ Scorpion is broke! The buffer spring guide rod thingy is what broke. I was taking the rifle apart to clean it, and I know how to do it, quite easy. Next thing I know is the spring goes flying but the piece that holds it together is ...poof...gone. :( I was not sure it was broke until I did a search on the net. The thingy was not dropped. It has not yet reached 1000 rounds, either! I am the first owner and made no changes to it. I really hope CZ takes care of me as I have spent $1000s on their products.

I searched this forum for threads on broken CZ Scorpions, has anyone had any problems? Does anyone have any experience with their customer service?

The picture order got messed around as I was uploading them. The spring is supposed to be tensed between two pieces; the broken piece apparently is made of polymer where as the other end is steel. I used a magnet to test. The first photo (found on the net), which is shown on a mat is how it should be, and the other four are mine in its broken state. (sigh) :(
View attachment 621574
View attachment 621554View attachment 621557View attachment 621555View attachment 621556

I see the problem, it's missing that retainer-foot thingy.... ;):D

I sent it in w/ the side plate and full bolt I had bought from them when I was tying to fix it myself, shipped in a small box since it was a pile of parts. 1 week later they next day air it back to me in a new full-sized box, 100% fixed with all new parts AND my $400 of parts I had bought they did not use and returned to me. No charge.

View attachment 621758
WOW. That is some damage!

Well, this gives me hope, but I fear I am outside the 5 year warranty period. The carbine in question is Gen 1, I think I bought it the year after it was released.

Also, my ammo used is all factory loaded.

9mm can be found in 165gr? :confused: What kind of velocity are you getting? I know people favour the 147gr with silencers becasue they are sub-sonic, but 165gr?!?!

WOW. That is some damage!

Well, this gives me hope, but I fear I am outside the 5 year warranty period. The carbine in question is Gen 1, I think I bought it the year after it was released.

Also, my ammo used is all factory loaded.

9mm can be found in 165gr? :confused: What kind of velocity are you getting? I know people favour the 147gr with silencers becasue they are sub-sonic, but 165gr?!?!

I get the impression they just take care of customers. I told them it was my own fault and why I had already bought the parts, I just needed the G2 side plate. Nope send it in. Very cool of them.

Been loading my own since I was 18. The only way I could afford to shoot in college. I picked up brass at machine gun shoots at ARPC filled up 5-gallon buckets of it. Cleaned and head stapped them. Then traded 1000 round bags for components with dealers at gun shows.

Xtreme in ID has 165gr RN, it's a tall sucker and not a lot of room for powder but it only needs a few of TiteGroup, but outstanding round for Sub shooting. I have them right at 950fps. The Scorpians loves them. The MPX, not so and has all kinds of cycling issues suppressed and why the MPX stays in the gun safe most of the time. One used to be able to get them commercially loaded as "HUSH" brand for $39.95 a box, but HUSH shut down as far as I know. I load my own for about $8.50 per box. Of course blowing up an $850 CZ with a $200 tax stamp on it (it's on a form1) could have been costly but in the end, CZ kept it from being such.

Crazy embarrassing :oops: as an experienced reloader to have this happen but willing to admit it, learn from it and share with others so hopefully they do not repeat my error. ;) The main reason for the issue was a 380Auto case jamming my progressive press. I cleared the jam and the press cycled forward one w/o a powder charge. I missed it making that move. Fixed this by A. hand sorting and head stamping all 9mm brass and B. pre-processing all brass before loading. All damaged cases,380 AUTO or 38 Super that was slipped in gets ID'ed BEFORE the press is actually loading ammo. All brass is processed first to decap and resize, this process is what catches any mystery brass or primer issues*. I then only load cleaned and already processed brass that runs almost jam free. 2x safety factor. and B. any jams or press stops mid reloading, I discard the last round loaded that I can not look inside and see the powder. At 17 cents each and only happening a few times in a 1000 round loading session, it's a small price to pay for added safety. So far I have pulled everyone and they all had powder.

*I have a primer pocket sensor coming that will check all primer pockets for missed primers or "ringers" where only part of the primer is removed. This checker will auto-eject any that fail the test when processing the brass.

165gr Subs

Found the receipt! Bought it three years ago September past, seems longer. So, I am still good for its warranty. Whew!!!

Filled out warranty form via email to CZ, waiting to hear back.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top