JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, here you go,,,,, some of you may remember the Gun-Smith in my Story, RG was a Dam-Fine Man, and Gun-Smith, all though he Corrected me right from the start, and said he was a Gun-Maker, not just a Smith,,,,,, anyway, here it is, and Yea,,,,,, it's still with me here in Alaska, it has put Moose Rib's and Burger in the Freezer, on more than one occasion.....:cool: Lj

LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (01).jpg LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (2).JPG LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (4).jpg LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (3).JPG LJ's Remington M700 Gun-Smith Oregon..PNG

This is how a hunting rifle is built! I went with a SAKO FinnLite .300 Win Mag, and opted for a nice Boyds Laminate classic stock to replace the ultra lite plastic and give the rifle a little more comb height with out adding a bunch of weight aft of the mag well, combined with a Big Bubba brake, and a mid 90's Redfield 4X12X44 scope, it was a pretty slick shooter! Not really sad to let it go, but the .300 was kind of wasteful for the very small gains it provided vs powder burned and recoil! I replaced it with an even better Tikka Super Varmint .30/06. Weight is a little more, but I do like some of the Tikka options that are much more expensive and involved with SAKO, AND, the Tikka is WAY more precise!

1619229712971.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top