JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, here you go,,,,, some of you may remember the Gun-Smith in my Story, RG was a Dam-Fine Man, and Gun-Smith, all though he Corrected me right from the start, and said he was a Gun-Maker, not just a Smith,,,,,, anyway, here it is, and Yea,,,,,, it's still with me here in Alaska, it has put Moose Rib's and Burger in the Freezer, on more than one occasion.....:cool: Lj

LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (01).jpg LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (2).JPG LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (4).jpg LJ's Remington M700 30-06 Mtn. Rifle (3).JPG LJ's Remington M700 Gun-Smith Oregon..PNG

This is how a hunting rifle is built! I went with a SAKO FinnLite .300 Win Mag, and opted for a nice Boyds Laminate classic stock to replace the ultra lite plastic and give the rifle a little more comb height with out adding a bunch of weight aft of the mag well, combined with a Big Bubba brake, and a mid 90's Redfield 4X12X44 scope, it was a pretty slick shooter! Not really sad to let it go, but the .300 was kind of wasteful for the very small gains it provided vs powder burned and recoil! I replaced it with an even better Tikka Super Varmint .30/06. Weight is a little more, but I do like some of the Tikka options that are much more expensive and involved with SAKO, AND, the Tikka is WAY more precise!

1619229712971.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads