JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmilitaryhumor.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F05%2Fmilitary-humor-forecast.jpg

No pictures this time , but a "War Story"...

So there I was walking down into a village , in Bosnia that had been hit by mortar fire...We were in the process of getting the folks evaced to the refugee camp.
When I came across a little boy 'bout 8 maybe 10 years old...He was sitting in front of what was left of his house....His village , as I mentioned had been hit by mortar fire...It was also "ethnically cleansed"...Which after you have actually seen it and its after effects , is no longer a pat phrase to be used lightly...every woman that he knew was raped and every man above the age of 15 was murdered...all probably in front of him...

As I said we needed to get these people to a refugee camp...but every time we tried to move this boy , he just screamed...no tears , no crying , just a soul bursting , heart breaking scream....

Not knowing what else to do... I sat down next to him....took off my helmet and reached into my "butt pack"...pulling out a can of peaches....He was watching me do this and was intrigued by my P-38 on my dog tag chain , opening said can of peaches...
I hammed it up a bit and said : "Wink a Wink" as I worked the P-38 to open the can....
He grinned a little...
I then got a MRE spoon and ate a peach or two...I then handed the can with the spoon to him...
With one hand he took the can , with the other he reached for my P-38 ....I gave him all three...
With what was the world's most beautiful smile he ate the peaches....

I would have never thought that a can of peaches made in small town USA and a P-38 from Shelby Ohio , would bring so much joy to someone....
That is just one reason why I love America.
Andy

This is something that should be taught in school.
Nobody knows the rules if flying the flag any more.it could help with the kids to respect there flag and COUNTRY.
The flag should never touch the ground.
The flag should be taken down every night .unl unless it has a light on it. Shines from under.
If it's raining or snowing the flag should be taken down.and the flag should be folded . Every time .

And if you hang the flag on a wall the stars always should be to the left side . doesn't matter horizontal or vertical.
Now military personnel where the flag on there uniform on there right shoulder and it is opposite.
I don't know why .this is a observation I can't remember why .
And I'm sorry to say there are more rules but I need to go look them up .
Because I'm a idiot and for got them!

No pictures this time , but a "War Story"...

So there I was walking down into a village , in Bosnia that had been hit by mortar fire...We were in the process of getting the folks evaced to the refugee camp.
When I came across a little boy 'bout 8 maybe 10 years old...He was sitting in front of what was left of his house....His village , as I mentioned had been hit by mortar fire...It was also "ethnically cleansed"...Which after you have actually seen it and its after effects , is no longer a pat phrase to be used lightly...every woman that he knew was raped and every man above the age of 15 was murdered...all probably in front of him...

As I said we needed to get these people to a refugee camp...but every time we tried to move this boy , he just screamed...no tears , no crying , just a soul bursting , heart breaking scream....

Not knowing what else to do... I sat down next to him....took off my helmet and reached into my "butt pack"...pulling out a can of peaches....He was watching me do this and was intrigued by my P-38 on my dog tag chain , opening said can of peaches...
I hammed it up a bit and said : "Wink a Wink" as I worked the P-38 to open the can....
He grinned a little...
I then got a MRE spoon and ate a peach or two...I then handed the can with the spoon to him...
With one hand he took the can , with the other he reached for my P-38 ....I gave him all three...
With what was the world's most beautiful smile he ate the peaches....

I would have never thought that a can of peaches made in small town USA and a P-38 from Shelby Ohio , would bring so much joy to someone....
That is just one reason why I love America.
Andy
Great Andy thanks .
You know what's sad is most people these days don't know what happened in Bosina.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE .
TO OUR COUNTY AND THERE'S

On a more serious note.
For those that have Amzon prime.
There are two movies that are worth watching.
The first is called TAKING CHANCE.Kevin Bacan.
Then another that has a few guys .it's a serious subject.but is funny also .
It's called LAST FLAG.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top