JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Don't wait, their powders have been selling like hotcakes at the entrance of Lane Bryant

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Don't wait, their powders have been selling like hotcakes at the entrance of Lane Bryant

Prices are certainly attractive, but I've seen elsewhere that some users found their "like ________" statements rather inaccurate. Do you (or anyone else on this site) have direct experience with these Midwest Powders and can validate likeness? For example, how much is this one truly "like Hodgdon Hybrid 100V"?

Zero load data is my concern.
Except their recipe for .243win
I'd love to pick some up since I am just starting to reload but if it's crap I'd hate to be stuck will 8lbs

00120223-22CE-4F79-8126-D0C3A49BBF33.png

i did research on Midwest powder before I bought any.

I've used Midwest MP75 (similar to Hodgdon TiteGroup). I've used TiteGroup load data and my loads run fine in a variety of calibers.

Granted, I don't chrono my loads, but that's because I just load this in handgun plinking loads.

In researching Midwest powder I ran across a thread on a forum where a member posted an email reply he received from Midwest saying that they (Midwest) are simply a distributor of powder overruns from manufacturers. The powder is virgin and they receive it in large drums. From there they package and sell. They can't say that the powder is TiteGroup or CFE pistol or H100V or etc., etc., But they can "compare it" to that type of powder.

Also, I searched for online reviews and info. There are many reviews of various Midwest powders on YouTube and elsewhere online. They are typically positive regarding performance. Users then add in the low cost factor and they seem to be quite happy with the powder.

That has been my experience. Granted, I've only used one type of Midwest powder.

TWYLALTR.

Cheers.

i did research on Midwest powder before I bought any.

I've used Midwest MP75 (similar to Hodgdon TiteGroup). I've used TiteGroup load data and my loads run fine in a variety of calibers.

Granted, I don't chrono my loads, but that's because I just load this in handgun plinking loads.

In researching Midwest powder I ran across a thread on a forum where a member posted an email reply he received from Midwest saying that they (Midwest) are simply a distributor of powder overruns from manufacturers. The powder is virgin and they receive it in large drums. From there they package and sell. They can't say that the powder is TiteGroup or CFE pistol or H100V or etc., etc., But they can "compare it" to that type of powder.

Also, I searched for online reviews and info. There are many reviews of various Midwest powders on YouTube and elsewhere online. They are typically positive regarding performance. Users then add in the low cost factor and they seem to be quite happy with the powder.

That has been my experience. Granted, I've only used one type of Midwest powder.

TWYLALTR.

Cheers.
Thanks for such a thorough response Wash! I hope others are benefitting from your experience sharing as well. Gives me confidence to proceed with at least one batch to see how it works out.

170gr 30-30 projectiles are in stock but will go quick.

Powder similar to Unique will go quick too.

And the Unique type powder is gone.

I've been using MP600 which is similar to N204 with excellent results in velocity and accuracy. 42gr of the MP600 pushes a 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr up near 2900+fps Chrono'd with Lab radar. I've hit 3000fps with the 120gr eld. I'm pretty sure this powder would work fine for creedmoor, 6.5x55 .etc. I just bought 16lbs!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews