JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a mossberg Shockwave And was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket stocks that has an adjustable pull length? I purchased one and it's cheap crappy and chipped. Even if you can think of one a standard 590 uses that's of professional quality. Every time I purchase something for a firearm online I get something Completely different in person then when purchased. Also looking for wood handle and slide if someone may know of a good company for that sort of stuff. Thankyou for your help!

A565BC00-753C-4D23-9133-081F732C7AFF.jpeg

You can get the Knoxx Breacher's grip. They have a model (Gen III) that takes an AR tube. Then the SB Tactical SBA3 has adjustable LOP.

There are also adapters besides the Knoxx that will take an arm brace using an AR tube.

You cannot legally put an actual conventional buttstock on the Shockwave firearm without going thru the NFA process, because that makes it a short barreled shotgun. To keep it legal without using a buttstock, you need to get an 'arm brace'.

Really? I did not know that. I feel like I've see you tubers put stocks on there before though.

Really.

They were either doing it illegally or they had gone thru the NFA process of registering it as a SBS.

The whole idea of the Shockwave and other "firearms" like it, is that it is not legally a shotgun because it was not manufactured to be fired from the shoulder.

Indeed, I believe that even if you put an 18" barrel on a Shockwave, if you put a buttstock on it, it then becomes a shotgun and it can never legally be a Shockwave "firearm" again. Read page two of the ATF letter and note the sentence about never having a shoulder stock attached.

Really.

They were either doing it illegally or they had gone thru the NFA process of registering it as a SBS.

The whole idea of the Shockwave and other "firearms" like it, is that it is not legally a shotgun because it was not manufactured to be fired from the shoulder.

Indeed, I believe that even if you put an 18" barrel on a Shockwave, if you put a buttstock on it, it then becomes a shotgun and it can never legally be a Shockwave "firearm" again. Read page two of the ATF letter and note the sentence about never having a shoulder stock attached.

I'm not doubting you one bit. I'm glad you said something cause I could potentially of gotten in some major trouble. Also if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the shockwave uses 100% the same components and hardware as a standard 590, maybe there stocks pulled right off big brother and then installed onto the shockwave? This one is made specifically for the shockwave and says it's ATF approved.

407D8B91-D47E-452A-80E1-4115EEFEAD6D.png

I'm not doubting you one bit. I'm glad you said something cause I could potentially of gotten in some major trouble. Also if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the shockwave uses 100% the same components and hardware as a standard 590, maybe there stocks pulled right off big brother and then installed onto the shockwave? This one is made specifically for the shockwave and says it's ATF approved.

View attachment 631715

That is an arm brace - not a stock. That is legal to put on a Shockwave or a pistol.

Here is one of my Shockwaves - the one with an 'arm brace':

shockwave.jpg

That is an arm brace - not a stock. That is legal to put on a Shockwave or a pistol.

Here is one of my Shockwaves - the one with an 'arm brace':

View attachment 631725
Ok so I didn't know there was a difference. That's what I've been seeing then. I'm kinda new to this hobby. A lot of technicals and vocabulary to learn. Thankyou for the clarification! What makes a stock illegal but an arm brace legal? Don't they serve they Sam epurpose?

The purpose of an arm brace is to be held against your arm, either loosely or by using the supplied strap.

SA_AR-15-Arm-Brace-composite011_1500x1500px-1.jpg

They are not meant to be used as a shoulder stock, although many can be.

For a while there was a question as to whether it was legal to use them against your shoulder. The ATF went back and forth on that, and the general consensus now is that it is legal. Personally you won't ever see a pic/vid of me doing it, but I have done it and it works.

If you want an adjustable LOP I recommend the SB Tactical SBA3, which is supposed to have the best value.

If you decide to go with a folding brace setup, make sure that the OAL is 26"+ with the brace folded. The ATF considers braces to be an accessory, and therefore measures the OAL with the brace folded.

Wow, I'm very uniformed on my own tool. I guess it is kinda barely hanging on between whats legal and illegal. I will be doing some homework tonight for sure. Had it for about a year and thankfully all I've done with it is front picatinny rail and front laser/flashlight mount. Decided against any scope or aftermarket sights. I don't want that thing near my face at all!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top