JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mosins with all matching #'s and non counterbore are are in the process of a price increase. I just ordered three nice M-44's from a reliable importer and have been told that the Russian market is starting to get tight for nice ones. M44's, 38's and others than 91/30s are drying up and they are getting new higher prices from overseas.

Here is something that came out in email form recently:
There is a lot of buzz in the industry right now about Nagant Rifles. It seems that the surplus stockpiles are finally drying up and the Russians are realizing they will soon be out of their cash cow. We have been told that future shipments will be going up dramatically to the importers. Now, a lot of what you hear in this industry is rumor or changes with the wind but this one makes common sense. Even though there were huge stockpiles of these weapons, they have been coming into the country for decades and nothing last forever.
Just look at what happened to the M44's and M38's. One day they were cheap, the next day they were gone.
Fair warning, if you want M91/30's at the old price... Get them Now..
While we are at it.... PPS-43C rifles will be undergoing the same fate.. We have been promised a sharp increase in cost on our next batch

Depends on what I recieve reguarding these M-44s, but if any exceed my keepers, I will have at least one 44 for sale and it possibly might be a nice low wall Polish. If you think you might be interested keep your eye on the for sale forum.

Just stopped by big 5, they wanted 220 for a mosin.

Just wait - they'll go on sale again. (although, I passed on a nice hex-reciever laminated stock 91/30 because they wanted like $300 for it... and when the sale came around again, it was gone)

Mosins with all matching #'s and non counterbore are are in the process of a price increase. I just ordered three nice M-44's from a reliable importer and have been told that the Russian market is starting to get tight for nice ones. M44's, 38's and others than 91/30s are drying up and they are getting new higher prices from overseas.

That's entirely possible - but I thought there were something like <broken link removed> . So, it's hard to believe that they are drying up. I mean it's possible, just hard to believe given how many were made.

Where can somebody find an M44? What are they going for now?
I've got a couple 91/30's but thinking about adding an M44 to the safe.
Finding these is getting a little more difficult, even more so over the past year

Regards,
Gearchecker

Where can somebody find an M44? What are they going for now?
I've got a couple 91/30's but thinking about adding an M44 to the safe.
Finding these is getting a little more difficult, even more so over the past year

The good shorty's are getting harder to find at least for me and I have fairly decent sources. (not the big importers either)
I recieved two M44's yesterday and one is a 95% with excellent furniture 1952 Polish.(I now have two Polish) All numbers match except the floor plate but it is a very nice one. I now need to sort out a couple to keep the habit under control, just need to make myself do it. :(