JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do you think you could stop this female bear with a handgun if she was charging down the hill at you? I'm pretty sure I could put some holes in her with my G40, but stopping her would likely be questionable.

Anything less than a .44 magnum (marginal), you may stop her, but not before she kills you.
I agree, the glock does have a 16 round capacity though, but she is hell bent. I shot a running bear in the heart with a 165 partition and it went maybe 40 yards before he skidded to a stop

You have to click on the "Watch this video on YouTube" link to see it.

C8Arlpr.png

I got into the .44 Magnum last year, in the form of a revolver, automatic pistol, and a lever-action rifle. I really like the cartridge in general, I suppose it could be pressed into service for bear defense with heavy loads. I've seen (or heard) black bear many of time on our acreage, but haven't been unduly concerned. Still, the last time I spent a long day logging, it was nice having the little shiny carbine close at hand. There is a good chance, if the weather holds, I will be doing more work tomorrow and it will come along. :)

So, which would you rather in the forest for bear defense, a lever-action in .30/30 WCF or smaller, lighter one in .44 Magnum? Capacities are 6+1 and 10+1, respectively.

blever2.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, this question is largely a product of the fact there is no wife and potatos loose in the house, so it is quiet like a crypt, and I haven't mustered the energy to make my dinner yet. :s0112:

So, which would you rather in the forest for bear defense, a lever-action in .30/30 WCF or smaller, lighter one in .44 Magnum? Capacities are 6+1 and 10+1, respectively.

View attachment 541609

In the interest of full disclosure, this question is largely a product of the fact there is no wife and potatos loose in the house, so it is quiet like a crypt, and I haven't mustered the energy to make my dinner yet. :s0112:

One in your hand and the other on the seat next to you for back up!!;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top