JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I went up the mololla river today just to see how Dickie prairie area was and I always wondered if there is a yellow gate on it can I park in front of it can hike on the road it's blocking? Is there color code to gates on BLM land? Thanks

So I went up the mololla river today just to see how Dickie prairie area was and I always wondered if there is a yellow gate on it can I park in front of it can hike on the road it's blocking? Is there color code to gates on BLM land? Thanks
Don't know about color codes, but you never want to block any kind of gate unless it's yours.
Good way to pi$$ off the owner of said gate.....tuck it in on the side of the road somewhere instead.

Don't know about color codes, but you never want to block any kind of gate unless it's yours.
Good way to pi$$ off the owner of said gate.....tuck it in on the side of the road somewhere instead.
Yes, never, ever block a gate. Another piece of gate etiquette is, leave it like you found it. Gates are usually open or closed for a specific reason. I'm very careful to maintain my welcome on private property by using good gate manners.

I under stand that but this isn't public land is BLM land. And I didn't mean park directly Infront of it I meant on the side of the road.

I believe Weyerhaeuser has quite a bit of land there also, so it might not be BLM. I know nothing about color coding gates.

(And I don't mean to be "that guy" but it's Molalla)

Sooo. If talking about gate where phone is located that a no go for shooting or even hiking without buying $300-400 wonka ticket for use. So cross at north fork bridge continue on 3-4 miles to party rock ( small concrete bridge ) quite a hike to quarry if gate closed. 2-3 miles maybe 1rst road on right to the Quarry. DO NOT SHOOT AT LOWER GRAVEL PIT BY RIVER. I FORGET BUT MUST BE 1 mile from river/road to be legal.

I usually follow the main paved road as far as it goes once it turns to gravel, i keep going. All the way up on your left is a hiking trail and a white gate. This is not where you want to be. I make the right hand turn right before this, and park up to the left of a locked yellow gate. I then walk up about 1/2 mile or so to a logging road. This is where BLM and OSP told me I could shoot. If you want, I would be more than willing to drive out with you one day and show you, and anyone else that would like to go. BLM was clearing trees at some point and told me that as long as the logging road is closed, and you are able to monitor CB traffic to make sure no one is in the area, you should be clear to shoot as long as you are 1/2 mile from the river, hence why I go about a 1/2 mile up a steep logging road, 1/2 mile off the river,.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top