JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a news story said of hte early guys, almost all operators, like 90% have cancer. That base is a chemical sludge - all of it.

It is mentioned in the book Horse Soldiers, tho I don't remember seeing it in the movie.

I had the pleasure of serving at that base. Lots of old Soviet goo, ranging from leaking Sarin and mustard stockpiles to a field of dumped radioactive waste (mostly low level DU) right across the berm from our chow hall and sleeping tents. When the base held its Thanksgiving 5K "fun run" I found a place in the States to make parody event T shirts and mail them to me. They had the various hazard warning symbols and the phrase "5K of Contaminated Fun" on the front. If anyone figured out who had distributed them I probably would have been Article 15'd. I've had my share of bizarre medical problems ever since. Fortunately no cancer so far.

My prayers go out to the wife and boys left behind at such a young age. I've worked in the cancer field and it's rough, I really feel for those boys. Hero's deserve so much more......

:(

veterans-day.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class