JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Feel free to post your modernized M14 / M1A...

Here are two of mine, I have one more in the works.

CQB-16 type SEI next to a National Match 'Crazy Horse' M21A5 type SEI in a light weight Blackfeather RS chassis stocks. The 16.25" barrel has a standard profile, the M21A5 uses a medium heavy 22" barrel.

BF-RSx2.JPG

M1A standard-loaded,,, non CA. Works great the way it is. The only ad on I am planing is a scope. I got old crappy eyes. I scored 98 out of 100 with a M14 when I was in the Army. That was standing off hand.
Not much room for improvement on that.

I like the standard configuration and I shot them very well, but the modernized M14 is so much better for me. Injuries & age prevent me from shooting a standard stock as well as I once did, a modern chassis with a pistol grip keeps me in the game & shooting well. The Mossburg butt stock on the full size rifle pictured above is also more comfortable for my wrist than a standard GI stock, and I can shoot it well.

Red dot sights & optics are easily added to a modernized M14, and you get all of the benefits of National Match glass bedding without the upkeep & tuning. In certain configurations optics can be mounted on the same sight plane, this allows you to shoot without adding a cheek riser. A big improvement on a retro M14, or M1A clone.

RS-CQB-16.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews