JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I got an email letting me know that Optics Planet had a flash sale going on for selected Vortex products. Of course, I had to check it out.

I purchased a Vortex Venom red dot, regularly priced there for $199, for $179 plus free shipping. I've been thinking about a red dot for my Ruger MKIV and the offer just sealed the decision for me.

9afc2e88-aaf4-410f-8340-e84d3fbb43a1_zpstdfhprl4.jpg

20180201_182228_zpsqztah777.jpg

20180201_182240_zpsn4suth9i.jpg

I'll get it zero'd and play with it a bit this weekend.

I put a volquartsen accurizing kit in one of my friends' Mark IV the other day. What a pain in the butt, I hope I never have to do that again. People complained about the Mark I, II & III's being difficult to field strip so they came out with the quick take down Mark IV. Easier to field strip, but waaaayyyyyy harder to fully disassemble for upgrading trigger & sear.

I was wondering about that. I have several mk II competition slab sides.
customized all with volquartsen parts. Had S&B club ammo I shot in bullseye
(because it had nickel plating and had no miss fires in 13,000 rounds) but it was
so dirty that I had to wipe the ammo before the matches (2, 120 rnds.) and clean the gun
each time. I got real good at taking down the MKII.
I had 1 that I milled out the left side, behind the chamber, opposite the ejection port, and
watch the junk fly out of the gun, instead of piling up in the corner and going into the mechanism.

I was wondering about that. I have several mk II competition slab sides.
customized all with volquartsen parts. Had S&B club ammo I shot in bullseye
(because it had nickel plating and had no miss fires in 13,000 rounds) but it was
so dirty that I had to wipe the ammo before the matches (2, 120 rnds.) and clean the gun
each time. I got real good at taking down the MKII.
I had 1 that I milled out the left side, behind the chamber, opposite the ejection port, and
watch the junk fly out of the gun, instead of piling up in the corner and going into the mechanism.

Dang, I'd be happy with just one:p

Still on my buy list for sometime in the future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top