JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a chinese type 53 (actually put it up for sale earlier 'cause it pissed me off:s0131:). that won't extract a shell. I put three rounds through it this morning, and managed to get two of them out, but I think that was due to gravity. I didn't have a cleaning rod with me, so I just now knocked the other shell out and then I took the bolt out. I don't see any claw looking extractor thingie like every other gun I've looked at has. Is it missing? If so, is it easy to replace, and does anyone know of a place you can get one cheap?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Extractors for the Mosin aren't a drop-in process. You can buy a replacement but will then have to cut it to fit your particular bolt head. Alternatively you can just buy an entire bolt head and replace it, but in that case you have to be very careful since tolerances vary wildly between the rifles and you may end up with a very improperly headspaced bolt.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top