JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Selling a matching K98 made in 1938 with S/42 code. Here is the thing, it is in mint condition but looks like there were force matched numbers. The stock is laminate with ZERO dents made of superior quality and in solid mint condition, looks reproduction. Not sure what the story is on this but it is in EXCELLENT condition like new. Crisp marks on stock look like they are new but whoever did this went through painstaking effort to make this nice with serial and letter prefix marked also. I suspect rerpo parts were used but not sure to what extent. Has import marks under the bluing on barrel. Looks like a Russian import mark on bolt... Not sure, you tell me the story on this as I have never seen a nicer K98. Bore is excellent. $700 SOLD

IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1574.JPG IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1571.JPG

Last Edited:
Is the number on the bolt electro penciled on?
The last 4 digits of the stamped serial number on the receiver, are those numbers on the safety, bottom metal, forward band, on the bolt handle etc etc etc? Often the stamped number on the bolt handle doesn't matched the number electro penciled on the bolt body.
Also the serial is stamped in the barrel channel in the stock? Or it should be.
On all the Waffenamt, is the swastika peened?
Look under the rear sight, waffenamt is often missed there and not peened. As for the one under the bolt handle.
Ok last one, is the import mark on the barrel say CAI ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the reply, the numbers are stamps in, with no electro pencil. Swasticas look intact. Under bolt handle looks good too. I will get more pics. I haven't taken stick apart because wood is so pristine. I am afraid that I will damage it, it's that good. I see a faint CAI on barrel.

Selling a matching K98 made in 1938 with S/42 code. Here is the thing, it is in mint condition but looks like there were force matched numbers. The stock is laminate with ZERO dents made of superior quality and in solid mint condition, looks reproduction. Not sure what the story is on this but it is in EXCELLENT condition like new. Crisp marks on stock look like they are new but whoever did this went through painstaking effort to make this nice with serial and letter prefix marked also. I suspect rerpo parts were used but not sure to what extent. Has import marks under the bluing on barrel. Looks like a Russian import mark on bolt... Not sure, you tell me the story on this as I have never seen a nicer K98. Bore is excellent. $700

View attachment 305493 View attachment 305494 View attachment 305495 View attachment 305496 View attachment 305497

IMG_1577.JPG IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1581.JPG

Mitchell was selling some of this quality years ago, very high quality refurbs. Of course they started with cherry picked examples.

Century was selling quality refurbished K98's for quite a few years and seeing how this one is marked with CAI on the barrel it is a Century import. :)
Over the years I've found some real nice rare k98's that I wasn't expecting.
Numrich has a shipment of k98 stocks in and oh my they are nice! When I first unwrapped it I thought it was a repop.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.