JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$50
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Tualatin
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Got some machining skills or at least know how to re-thread a screw hole? Here's a deal for you.

I bought this handguard (MI-SLH15) new from MWI recently and borked up the installation. After torqueing down the barrel nut to the recommended 40 ft/lbs, I proceeded to torque the set screws down to 40 ft/lbs as well, which was stupid because I read the instructions too fast and they were supposed to be torqued to 40 in/lbs. Unsurprisingly, both the screws and the helix coils are stripped to death.

I've replaced the handguard with another one that uses the same barrel nut, so this will come with the new unused barrel nut. Also included are everything else that a new handguard comes with from MWI: barrel nut wrench, original set screws, torque plate, M-Lock Picatinny rail section, instructions, and MWI stickers.

Please, gain something from my stupidity so I can sleep a little bit better and cry a little bit less. I bought it for $160 a few weeks ago. You can have it for $50 and a bit of labor.

20200922_111352 (2).jpg
20200922_090405.jpg
20200922_090419.jpg 20200922_090605.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top