JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so since the demise of SGN I've not really had anywhere to post things and for some reason I kept forgetting about here!?!? So instagram it was lol...

Well, i've been eyeballing one of these for a while, I love the mods I have done to my Gen 4 Glock 19 FDE so given the fact this is a non serialized part it could simply be shipped to my address. However, I was always put off by the price and some of the skeptical reviews. But over Black Friday they had a sale that I couldn't say no too so I placed an order, got a bonus 10% off the already 45% discount and had it shipped to my house from Israel.

Here it is next to the donor heart:
mmzu-4WHgmhPN225vhM2kfDYZXoWzBcB_w070eKSTNyCKtUbCUGkviLyZ7upk1Y21AS8T0qe-RK8gOopIauCEAI-rg=w2400.jpg

While the LED lights are washing out the color a little bit (its darker in real life) you get a good comparison between the 2 here. The Glock color is darker than the Roni.

Here it is with the stabilizer folded to give some element of size reference:

ZXvgNLhBKF_JvAM9jwBRDmkPtB1wQZ9Rj_1AWi3C36Bj2ib1a2pCguU5AW68xv216N8iD4QI0WPN75wOP75dAuhKCA=w2400.jpg

One of the reasons I wanted to go with the Roni as an interesting concept is due to its size and weight and the fact it keeps the manual of arms somewhat similar.

The fit and finish is actually pretty good! There is virtually no play or slop in the fitting, and when placing the firearm into the connecting mechanism, it is a very satisfying and audible 'click' with positive purchase. You can see below there are some edges from the molding that can be tidied up, but these are aesthetic from my perspective... (notice the sliding 'safety trigger block')

orooM2rc5ueC_zeSaSd2XEAzuoTiiBQXMbBI96ykMiiq6rguwEoCi8WOs3ebjJddXvFr6OmbgW_xp0Us5S3wLUMzmw=w2400.jpg

I haven't had time to shoot it yet being tied up with work, but from a fit and functionality perspective it feels very sturdy, very ergonomically comfortable, and I am very impressed at the weight and the balance.

Here is a better idea as to the color difference:

pJG9T1hqTHKr492jAWpFZZ0Jy3jWUUW2CbB_H7_RpCw6E-GSOOUwZgjE1Xv1IxanVdys8tesYaFl4hUDi5QIpGGXrQ=w2400.jpg

As a comparison, I pulled out my 10.5inch AR Pistol build with a Thorsden cheek riser kit, I wasn't expecting the differences. What was interesting was when you placed the grip level with one another, the fixed length / distance between the stab and the grip was much greater than that of the AR set up. To me this is a big plus and makes it very comfortable and easy to manipulate:

0WE4eAT0zYTlglpDJVS1s0wmOVHRHdcjb22NTlWPiyzsAlCoYFBrcJLXAJ9EsMYFjwijnLaAeJEh8ynIhywZSWFDrw=w2400.jpg

Obviously this is truly a pistol set up so I would expect the barrel length and shroud to be much shorter than the AR, but when you factor in the greater length of the extended Stabilizer and the much shorter length beyond the grip, its a very compact and functional package! While it may be obvious to some, this was a very notable difference when comparing the two.

Here is the set up fitted with an extended after market 9mm mag:

dtKN112bGnM0qSDhqydEqDiF4II2Fxph-9NdtUcd4L0a9y1aNILkrRRnLG8oL4wqh3N9ogJCO6rSqzi2yrWQm_9H0g=w2400.jpg

Just as an apples to apples comparison, here is the Roni when compared to the AR pistol when the back ends of the stabilizers / cheek rizers are lined up with one another:

T24pxaVnafz2Zv_9Adn4Od0iYtJ3VYbYjXKsGRogvSo80jFLS2TyjqVHRzqY_yoLGHNtAIesE7V7GOGHMv8qF-KVGQ=w2400.jpg

Here is a picture of it folded up with the extended magazine (unloaded)...

tulPOHmMNc_t3hsHgyKqoNVzwx6pryT_Anfc2J0V_AQsZTf7mjcVxOUOUxSbs3BVJes_vxb1GFhsQP6sWRdD1f9qGg=w2400.jpg

Overall, my initial conclusions are that this is very comfortable, I am very impressed at the build quality, how rigid it is yet also with its weight and weight distribution. I was particularly pleased with the additional length it puts into the stabilizer and the grip makes it very comfortable to point and aim. OBviously this all means nothing without firing it I guess?!?! So I will be taking it to the range in the next few weeks so will follow up with a field report and perhaps some video.

Hopefully for those that were looking at one (new generation is coming out so this model is heavily discounted!) This initial unboxing style review will be helpful!

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas!

I have had one for a year or so and I find it works quite well. I think there is some degradation of accuracy do to the flexible nature of the materials but it still allows you to consistently shoot much more accurately than with the pistol alone. Not worth msrp but find one used or on sale and I would say they are a decent value.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top