JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What crap. I ordered one for my shield because I got their trigger and it is awesome. I installed the extended mag release and went to insert the mag and....it doesnt go in...it stops dead half way inserted. I wiggle the mag around and it goes in..I drop it out and try again and it hangs up again so I take the mag release back out to see what the issue is. For whatever reason the release is 2 separate pieces as you'll see in the photo. Well the little silver piece, there is a ledge on the slanted part where the mag slides past and its hanging up on that ledge. I emailed hyve and showed them pictures and they got back to me the next day saying they would send out another with better machining. Well I got the second one and it's the exact same except it's a little more scratched up where it looks like they tried to file it down a bit by hand but the mags still hang up terrible when inserting. I'm going to be forced now to go buy a dremel and try to fix it myself to make this work or I'll chock it up as a loss. This is just a warning to people not to buy these for a carry gun. Theres a good chance your mag will hang up when trying to insert it. Would be pretty bad if you ever had to change mags quick.
20190318_135409.jpg 20190318_135735.jpg

I'll also add it is really sticky when trying to drop the mag also. And I'm super disappointed they sent me a second one that looks the same as the first when I showed them what the issue is...if that little silver piece has a lip on it the mag will hang up!! The original mag release that comes on the gun is one solid smooth piece. Not sure why these guys made this release this way but it's a terrible design.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top