JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just finished a mega MATEN build

ef1c00fd.jpg

e8e6d2fe.jpg

c90e3d22.jpg

61fb44e1.jpg

(without scope or mag: 8lbs)
-Receiver: mega MATEN
-Barrel: fultan armory 18.5" chrome lined
-muzzle attachment: thread protector w/a vortex flash hider (for a rainy day)
-gas block: pri adjustable (two barrel dimples to lock it in)
-handguard: Troy TRX extreme 12"
-BCG: DPMS
-charging handle: BCM gunfighter mod4
-trigger: geisselle ssa
-safety selector: battle arms ambi
-pins: KNS anti rotation
-bolt hold open: phase tactical
-grip: Magpul miad
-stock: Magpul CTR
-buffer&spring: slash CAR-10 Heavy w wolf spring
-scope: Burris xtr 1.5-6
-scope mount: Larue spr
-buis: Troy front and rear
-Sling mounts: noveske rear plate / noveske TRX qd mount
-sling: blue force gear vcas
-mag: Magpul

Fit&finish is great, need to go test it out......

Nice build, have you had the chance to shoot it yet? Since I built my NoveskaLite, Noveske upper with a ArmaLite lower I have been spoiled. I don't want to shoot anything else. Either stripped with irons or scoped it's a blast.

ar10001.jpg
AR10noveske01.jpg

So I got the Fulton barrel installed and took it out to shoot today.

Rifle is a dream to shoot. It balances perfectly even w/ the stock fully collapsed. I shoot standing w/ the stock out one position from fully closed, and 3 positions in the prone position.

Recoil is very nice, very smooth (even w/o a brake). I imagine it's due to the rifle length gas system, adjustable gas block (see review here), and the heavy Slash buffer. I could shoot all day w/ wolf or surplus ammo (the federal stuff had a bit more bite).

One thing I was impressed with was how much muzzle flash there was. I've been so used to shooting with a flash hider, and with the vortex there is virtually none. But, since I don't need to be "visually stealthy" the thread protector will stay.

I'm by no means a bechrest champion, but at the same time this is not a benchrest rifle. I shot three 3 round groups, one w/ wolf ammo, one with surplus, and one w/ federal 150gr hunting rounds. I'm satisfied with the accuracy, and I'm sure I could do better with a bit of practice (and not rushing everything on my lunch break). Shooting was done at 100yrds, prone position w/ a tire as my rest (bipod to follow......)

Note: I was an idiot and made some adjustments to my scope between the milsurp and federal ammo, hence the fact the the federal is shooting lower than the others.

Wolf Ammo (100yrds)
4829fa0b.jpg

Mil Surplus (100yrds)
717d691d.jpg

Federal 150gr Hunting rounds (100yrds)
fca3b5f9.jpg

Just Finished the MATENs little brother (Mega Receiver/Daniel Defense Barrel, and all the same goodies as the MATEN)...

Keeping the controls identical are nice for muscle memory...

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads