JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I got a bunch of stuff I gotta sell, and instead of posting 15 different ads like I had to other places, I'm putting this in ONE ad, and I'll mark individual items as sold as they go.

Starting off with rods:

Fly Rods

Cabela's Synch 9' 10 weight 4 piece graphite, with rod case - $60.
Rod has a comfort wrap (similar to tennis racket wrap, but for fishing rods) on it. Cabela's cork is mediocre, and this really improved grip and comfort. Easily removed if you hate it.

Cabela's Prime 7'3" 5 weight 1 piece fiberglass, comes with sock and home brew PVC tube - $60 Sweet trout rod with a nice slow action, the kind of rod to fish when you want the rod, not the angler, to do the work. Great for small streams, farm ponds, dry fly fishing, swinging wet flies... its a fun rod to fish. I packed this thing around in a compact sedan, so unless you drive a Smart car, you should be able to tote this sweet, no longer made rod around and stick some fish.

Penn Gold Medal 9' 6 weight 2 piece IM6 graphite, with case. Made in USA - $80

Penn Gold Medal 9' 7 weight 2 piece IM6 graphite, with case. Made in USA - $80 -
The Penn Gold Medal rods, were to the best of my research on them, made by either G Loomis (back when Gary was in charge) or St. Croix - in any case they're a wonderful moderate-fast action rod that features decent cork, nice rosewood reel seat inserts, and American craftsmanship. The 7 weight is my favorite all around bass rod, the 6 weight is a nice trout / panfish rod. With the 7 weight, I actually prefer it with a weight forward #8 line, the 6 fished best for me with a double taper true to weight 6. You won't be disappointed with either rod.

moving on to gear rods:

Spinning Rods

** SOLD** Okuma SST 7'6" fast action ultra light power 2 piece, with a Quantum Optix reel and 10lb test braid (fairly new line) - $75
This is a great trout and panfish rod, and I've landed one nice small mouth bass on it as bycatch when fishing for crappie and perch.

Okuma ReFlexions 6'9" fast action medium power 1 piece with an Okuma Alaris reel, newer 35lb Power Pro braid - $60 - This is my most-fished with bass rod in the last year. Landed a crap-ton of bass on it out of Crane Prairie and Hagg Lake this year on it, as well as some nice trout.

** SOLD** G Loomis GL2 4'6" fast action ultra light power 1 piece rod a Quantum Teton reel and newer 10 lb braid - $120 - this is a ridiculously nice rod for crappie and bluegill. Great for tight quarters trout streams where you're throwing small spinners and spoons. Even a small fish puts up a fight, and if you hook a big one, hold on to your pants! The GL2's are, IMO, some of the best fishing, best feeling rods Loomis made.

Moving on to Reels...

Fly Reels

Nautilus CCF No. 3 - 5/6 weight, Made in USA, carbon fiber disc drag, large arbor, machined aluminum - $280 -
This is hands down the finest reel I've ever owned, and it hurts to sell. This reel is realistically beyond what you'll likely ever need for trout, but damn is it just so well made, smooth, well balanced and bomb proof. It blows every other reel I've ever owned - save for its big brother that was stolen from me a year ago - to shame. Comes with a neoprene factory reel case.

** SOLD** Ross CLA No. 6 - 10-12 weight, Made in the USA, large arbor, disc drag - $100 - This reel has a nice smooth action, the clicker is not so loud as to be annoying, and it has the easiest left / right conversion I've ever had on a reel. Perfect match for your heavy duty Chinook rods, or for a steelhead spey outfit. I use it with the 10 weight Synch listed above. Holds a stupid amount of backing and 100 foot fly line - I currently have an 11 weight floating line (not included) on it, and there's enough room it could be a 12 weight.

Stepping into the cheap seats...

**SOLD** Pflueger Medalist 1595 1/2 RC - $30 - The classic Medalist design. This one is Made in China, perfect match up for an 8 weight rod. Set up for left hand wind, easily switched to right hand for you south paws, or weirdos who insist on reeling with the right hand and switching hands to cast with. "RC" means "Rim Control" and the reel features an exposed palming rim on the spool, like most modern reel designs. Also has a counter balanced spool not found on most earlier Medalist reels.

Pflueger Medalist 1498 CJ, spare spool included - $50 - This is one of the largest Medalist reels made, it could easily accommodate a 10 weight line and reasonable amount of backing. I know guys who used to fish huge heavy sinking lines on the south coast rivers chasing salmon and steelhead with these reels. I currently fish it on an old 7/8 weight fiberglass rod - great balance, cool old reel. It does wear some cosmetic corrosion damage - I bought it from a Massachusetts striped bass fisherman who fished in the salt a lot. Reel is mechanically sound, and set up for left hand wind like God intended. Can convert back for you sinister types that reel with your right hand. Also comes with a neat little leather case for the reel.

*** SOLD *** G Loomis Eastfork 7/8, large arbor, disc drag reel - $70 *** SOLD *** - This reel was made by Shimano (who bought out G Loomis when Gary got the cancer) and given a Loomis brand. Made in China, but don't let the Chicom mfg scare you - this is a great little reel. Nice tight tolerances - proof the Chinese can make nice stuff if they want to. Great match up for most any 7 or 8 weight rod, or a 4-6 weight trout spey (I have used it for both, to good effect)

*SOLD* Cortland Endurance No. 3 10-12 weight - $40 - This is a tank of a reel. Inexpensive but rugged. Not the smoothest drag, but not bad, especially since you're not going to be fishing light tippets with this class of reel. Was used primarily on a 13' 8 weight spey rod, then repurposed as a 2nd reel for my 10 weight to hold my sinking line. Works well, balanced my 10 weight well. Can't say anything bad about it. Load it up with 400 yards of GSP 20lb backing and take it for Tuna on the fly, or go hit up your favorite Chinook stream - its all good.

Cabela's Wind River No. 1 3/4 - $20 - Pretty sure these are rebadged Okuma SLV reels, which are decent cheap reels. Disc drag, large arbor like most modern designs. Can't complain about it, it does its job well and it's inexpensive. Good match up for most 2-4 weight rods. Holds a stupid amount of backing for a reel in that class, not that you'll ever need it.

Wright & McGill Multiplier 5/6 - This is an old school vintage reel from the 70's and early 80's It's a nifty little reel, one of the few multiplier fly reels I've ever owned. Makes taking in line a snap - especially useful on my light trout spey rod. $20

**SOLD** Wright & McGill Dragonfly 3/4 -
This is a large arbor, light weight disc drag reel perfect for ultra light fly rods in the 2 to 4 weight range. I've used it with all three line weights on rods from a 6' 2 weight to a 7' 4 weight. Great little trout reel - $30

G Loomis Venture No. 7
- Another Shimano reel sold under the G Loomis brand. A good 6-8 classic standard arbor reel. Lovely quiet reel, smooth disc drag - when it works. I'm selling this cheap because for some damn reason, the reel occasionally free spools - that is, line pays out with no tension on the spool, for no damn reason. I love the looks, the balance, and the smoothness of the reel when it works. It could be a simple fix, or if you learn to live with it, its' a damn classy looking reel and it works nice - when it works. $10

Fly Lines

These are all take-offs from reels, they're all used, but all in good condition. Floating lines float, sinking lines sink, shooting lines shoot.

Scientific Anglers Mastery GPX taper Sharkskin texture WF 5 Floating line - as pictured on the Nautilus Reel below - $15

Sage Freshwater WF 8 Floater
- $15

Cortland WF 8 Sink Tip
- $10

Teeny 300 Grain Sinking Head (full line)
- $15

Cabela's Prestige Plus Saltwater WF11 Floater
- dual color (head and running line are different colors) - this is a half-weight heavy line, so really an 11.5 weight - was new last spring - $20

Vision Big Daddy WF 10 Intermediate Full Sink line
- retails for $100, new last spring fished only a few times - $40

Rio Skagit Max Short 200 grain 17 foot shooting head
(perfect on a 3 or 4 weight Trout Spey, or on a single handed 6-8 weight) - $15 Includes a floating tip cut from an 8 weight line for free.

OPST Commando 150 grain shooting head that has been welded to Rio 20lb coated running line (thin fly line, not monofilament) making a full length, integrated line. $20 Includes a floating tapered tip cut from an 8 weight line for free.

Rio MOW Heavy Intermediate tip - this can be used as an intermediate sinking super short shooting head by itself on a light trout rod, or looped on to one of the shooting heads as it was intended to give you a sinking tip on your shooting head. $10

Everything Currently left for sale adds up to $600 - buy it all for $500- I'll deliver it as far away as Kelso or Salem. If you want to buy a bunch of this crap all together, we can maybe come up with some sort of deal as well. Price is firm on individual items otherwise.

And to stave off the "why are you selling all your stuff, are you giving up fishing" questions - the short answer is yes. My business has not been terribly busy for me for the last few months, and bills are starting to pile up, and I'm working 7 days a week, sometimes 14 hours a day at this point to try and catch up and break even, but it's like trying to dig your way out of a hole with a soup spoon some days. Business is alright enough that my employees don't have to worry about being laid off, but they're paid hourly, I'm not and I need to keep a roof over my family's head more than I need the toys right now - this crap is all replaceable, they're not. I've sold all my complete guns, and I'll be posting my AR pistol lower up in the firearms classified section and that'll be that for those as well. I'm not in a mood to dicker over price at this point, so if you've read this far and entertained notions of low-ball offers, save us both the time and headache and keep 'em to yourself. Prices are firm, take this as me saying "No, thanks" in advance.

Now for the pictures - NOTE some of the stuff described is not pictured, these pictures were taken and ads posted elsewhere before I found more stuff and added to most of the boxes. If you need/want pictures of something that is not pictured, or want better pictures, PM or text me.

THE fastest way to get a response is to text me - 5O3 858 O547 (I put letter"O's" not number "0's" to keep spam bots from adding me to their robo call list - I get enough of that crap on both my personal and business line already)

Jznq7aJ.jpg

8qaIj49.jpg

a8ct33Q.jpg

r6xuJwR.jpg

etKkiXA.jpg

rgMQ2qg.jpg

vGZbYA1.jpg

ySfRs0p.jpg

opWOK46.jpg

Bait Casters

*SOLD* Okuma ReFlexions 6'6" fast action medium power 1 piece with a Shimano Cruxis reel and 65lb Power Pro braid - $70 - This is the counter part to the spinning rod. I like this rod for throwing crank baits, top waters, and small jigs. It's not great for hucking huge worms, heavy jigs, or swim baits, but it's a great little general purpose bassing rod. Lots of fish landed on this rod.

** SOLD** Abu Garcia Veritas 7'6" fast action medium heavy power 1 piece with a Daiwa Laguna reel - $75 - This rod is a fun rod. It's the heaviest bass rod I currently own, it works well for throwing larger worms, Carolina rigs, jigs upto an ounce, swim baits, frogs, or top waters.

*SOLD* G Loomis GL2 6' fast action medium power 1 piece with a Shimano Curado 101B reel - $200 - like the little spinning rod mentioned above, this is a stupidly nice little rod. Short by current trends, but this is a great rod for throwing smaller baits on - smaller crank baits, lipless cranks (its actually my favorite for throwing lipless cranks on), smaller jigs and smaller more finesse style texas rigs. Not as finesse as a spinning rod can get, but close! This also makes a hell of a trout rod for trolling or throwing spoons & jerk baits with.

Lures

**SOLD** Big Box of Soft Plastics & Terminal Tackle - you'll have to look at the pictures to really appreciate what you're getting, but there are dozens and dozens and dozens of varied soft plastic baits - Senkos, Yum Dingers in 4-6 inch flavor, big 10 inch Rage Tail worms, Rage Toad frogs, Rage Chunk jig trailers, tubes, soft plastic swim baits, Robo worms, Trick Worms, curly tail grubs from 1 to 4 inch flavors, Electric Chicken crappie minnows, Trout Magnets, crawdads - plus a pile of hooks and weights - Gamakatsu EWG worm hooks, wacky rig / finesse hooks, Owner and Trokar screw-lock swimbait / texas rig hooks (weighted and weightless), Flippin hooks, plus assorted jig heads - football head, round head, mushroom head, ned rig jig heads, stand up heads, Moon Eye swimbait jig heads, bullet weights, drop shot clip on type weights, its a big pile of tackle and its all stuffed into a bigass flat Plano bin. $70

** SOLD** Box of 18 Skirted Jigs - 1/4 to 1/2 oz -
flippin' / pitchin jigs mostly, but some ball head and football head jigs. Comes with a large Plano box with plenty of room to store jig trailers. A great match to the assortment above! $30

** SOLD** Two Boxes of Salmon / Steelhead Tackle -
7 Salmon Stalker floats - 1 and 2 oz sizes, 1 Beau Mac 1 oz float, a bunch of in-line weights, a bunch of steelhead jigs, (6) 3-packs of Gamakatsu snelled Octopus hooks in size 3/0 on 30 lb line, a slew of Corkie and Spin-N-Glo drift bobbers, yarn, slinkies, swivels, and bobber stops with two Plano Guide series double decker boxes. $50

**SOLD** Box of 30 Bass Lures -
Crank baits, lipless crank baits, jerk bait, Zara Spook Jr's, a BPS popper, a handful of spinner baits and a buzz bait, plus 4 and 8 inch trout swim baits, some smaller hard swim baits (trout and bluegill patterns) - $60

Flies

** SOLD **The Big Box of Bigazz Bass and Muskie Flies - Go big or go home. These aren't your dainty Woolly Buggers and Clouser Minnows (ok, there may be a couple in there) - these are big, nasty articulated swim bait style streamers. Big poppers. Bottom dredging crawfish flies that can be cast on a spinning rod. Big foam bugs. Deer hair divers. A couple big flies to imitate stocker sized Kokanee and Rainbow trout - flies from 2 to 10+ inches long. Bluegill patterns, trout patterns - the stuff that big nasty fish eat. For you guys who fish Merwin for Kokes, take a big fly rod, throw a Kokanee sized fly, and catch the next Washington State record Muskie. You'll probably poop your pants, or impale yourself or your fishing partner with a 4/0 Owner hook - but either way you'll have one whale of a fish tale to tell. A big Plano guide series double decker box cramed full of big flies. $40

** SOLD **Shoebox Full of Assorted Flies -
Streamers, poppers, worm flies, minnows, this is a bunch of random, unsorted stuff. Some wild experiments at the tying vise, some normal stuff. Flies for nearly every size fish out there from wittle bitty bluegill and crappie, to big knife-wielding Willamette smallmouth. Clip the barb off the hook and play with the cat with 'em. Go wild. It's literally a shoebox full of flies (see pictures below) - $20

** SOLD **Four Dozen Swing-style Wet Flies -
For those who live the phrase "The Tug is the Drug" - these are mostly intruder-inspired flies tied on shanks with replaceable stinger hooks, though there are a few bugger and deceiver type patterns in the mix for fun. Small flies tied with sea run cutties in mind (that would likewise work on summer steelhead or when you need to go finesse in low clear water) to Big Bertha sizes that would choke a Chinook. There are over four dozen flies crammed in this box now. Sculpins, leeches, hot pink stuff, blue and chartreuse stuff, chartreuse and blue stuff, black stuff, black and pink stuff... its all good and lot of the flies in this box have caught fish. There's even a couple mouse flies in there for those brave enough to skate a fly on top. All stuffed in a small Plano box that you can fit in your pocket.
$25

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited by a moderator:
Please forgive the thread crap...Sorry I don't need any of what you have.

DUDE! Where you been? I'd thought about you from time to time and haven't seen you around. Hope you and the family are well.

Just been trying to hustle to make up for the slow down I experienced with my business. Was doing Uber / Lyft for a while, but the front end of my van needs work, which conveniently is not covered under warranty, and I don't have the couple grand for it right at the moment. I've not been super active a lot on the 'net in general, get home exhausted a lot of days.

Things are very slowly turning around, but it's gonna be a while I think before they get back to normal and I get breathing time. I've spent a lot more time online this week - but it's mostly because I've been managing for-sale ads on 5 different websites.

Please forgive the thread crap...Sorry I don't need any of what you have.

DUDE! Where you been? I'd thought about you from time to time and haven't seen you around. Hope you and the family are well.

Just been trying to hustle to make up for the slow down I experienced with my business. Was doing Uber / Lyft for a while, but the front end of my van needs work, which conveniently is not covered under warranty, and I don't have the couple grand for it right at the moment. I've not been super active a lot on the 'net in general, get home exhausted a lot of days.

Things are very slowly turning around, but it's gonna be a while I think before they get back to normal and I get breathing time. I've spent a lot more time online this week - but it's mostly because I've been managing for-sale ads on 5 different websites.

Sorry I'm not buying fishing gear. I sold most of my salmon and steelhead stuff due to the pee poor runs. And 2019 is the first year we were free from the near $100.00 cost for two salmon tags. The first year since 1984 I haven't had a salmon/steelhead tag.

I hope you sell all the gear.

Sorry I'm not buying fishing gear. I sold most of my salmon and steelhead stuff due to the pee poor runs. And 2019 is the first year we were free from the near $100.00 cost for two salmon tags. The first year since 1984 I haven't had a salmon/steelhead tag.

I hope you sell all the gear.

Thankfully the salmon/steelhead stuff was a minor bit of what I have / had - it's mostly trout and bass oriented gear. You're right on the money about poor returns. Its why I'm not heart broken about getting rid of that stuff - the other stuff is a bit painful, but in the end after things turn around I plan on buying just a few high quality outfits that cover most of what I do now, but for the time being - all this stuff can go away and I'm not going to be too heart broken - there's only a couple pieces that I'll truly miss in the end - naturally the most expensive stuff - but again - its all material, all replaceable.

Good luck to you brother, I too had a time when I had to sell my toys years ago, I don't regret it one bit. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, no shame in it at all.;)

I too have contemplated selling some of my fishing gear, like you I have a metric crap ton of it.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top