JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This journal is riddled with typos and misspelled words. I would never use it in an argument. Not to mention it's also almost a year old story. Just my opinion, as much as I like hearing about their hypocrisy.

This Journal is riddled with typos and misspelled words?

Pardon me for quoting it, but I don't have a spell checker on my computer, but NWFA does :)

There are no misspelled words in this Journal, or typos that my (Admittedly not an English professor) eyes could spot.

Member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns Jailed for Gun-Related Crime
By Andrew Johnson
January 14, 2014 10:39 AM
Comments

A former Pennsylvania mayor who was a member of Michael Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns has been sentenced to up to 20 months in jail for a gun-related crime. Last February, James Schiliro, the mayor of Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, fired a gun in an attempt to intimidate a man to whom he said he was attracted.

Schiliro had had police bring 20-year-old Nicholas Dorsam to his home to drink wine, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. When Dorman attempted to leave, Schiliro prevented him from doing so, shooting the gun into a stack of papers and threatened to kill himself. Schiliro later credited Dorsam with helping save his life.

The former mayor was among 600 local lawmakers who signed a letter to Congress calling for gun-control legislation. His name was dropped from the letter after his arrest in March.

So this Mayor was having the police bring him dates? What an interesting arrangement. He gets 20 months in jail for a so called gun crime. What about the crime against humanity?

, , Did he really have police bring him to drink wine? Last I checked the police are not a taxi service. Even so it should be "Schiliro had police bring 20-year-old" not "had had."

Your move Jack.

My move? Did I miss someone pulling out the chessboard? You did catch the part where I said I wasn't an English professor right?

Good catch though.

If I had had half the eye you had had I would have caught that right off.

Still a good read. Luckily I was able to get the gist of the article through the gale of grammatical faux pas.

My move? Did I miss someone pulling out the chessboard? You did catch the part where I said I wasn't an English professor right?

Good catch though.

If I had had half the eye you had had I would have caught that right off.

Still a good read. Luckily I was able to get the gist of the article through the gale of grammatical faux pas.

Forgive me I meant no disrespect. It just frustrates me when people want to be the bearers of news to the people they should take a little bit of pride in what they do. A poorly written document is worse than not writing it at all. I had to click on their hyperlink "according to The Philadelphia Inquirer"
to even fully understand what happened. If we were to link this kind of an amateur post to support our cause and argument we would be laughed at, and rightfully so.

Forgive me I meant no disrespect. It just frustrates me when people want to be the bearers of news to the people they should take a little bit of pride in what they do. A poorly written document is worse than not writing it at all. I had to click on their hyperlink "according to The Philadelphia Inquirer"
to even fully understand what happened. If we were to link this kind of an amateur post to support our cause and argument we would be laughed at, and rightfully so.

It's all good brother! I totally agree with you that a writer should adhere to the highest standards of writing and accuracy.

I actually do have a good eye for proof reading, but mostly when it comes to technical documents. It seems proof reading is a lost art, especially with the "Write it now, publish it 5 minutes ago" nature of the Internet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads