JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

MAVERICK 88 Security

• Get It!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Not worth it

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Mavericks are alright guns, basically economy mossbergs. But for the money and if you can find one cheap enough, I'd go with the mossberg 500 that you can usually find with 2 barrels on sale (cant remember exactly where the price is now), and then you have a HD gun that you can swap barrels to take out in the field. And if you dont want to use it for trap or hunting, can just sell off the other barrel. In the end the maverick is similar to the 500, but for the better controls and more availability of parts, Id go with the Mossberg.

But if money is tight, the Mav 88 will suit anyones needs as a well built "entry level" HD shotgun.

I've read enough positive reviews on the Maverick 88 that I would feel comfortable buying one. As with any firearm though, make sure it's reliable before depending on it to defend you and your family! Also, $180 is a pretty good deal. Private sale or is someone having a sale?

Mossberg 500 combo deals at Big 5 have soared to $330. If you're on a budget and just need a basic home defense shottie, the Maverick gets good reviews

I bought an 88 from a member here a couple years ago and have done my best to beat the **** out of it. It has not failed yet. I've fired all sizes and loads of shells including the Aguila mini-shells and have had nearly no problems. I let the unit get dirty as sin and didn't let up. So far it's going strong and is my primary HD weapon. From my understanding you can replace all of the parts with M500 parts with the exception of the trigger assembly and safety. Though it's not a top quality shotgun it WILL do the work for quite a long time.

For $180 I am highly interested. The 88's use 95% of the same parts and its just the little cheaper bro of the 500. I've had an 88 in the past and the only real diff you really notice is the safety and the fact that some pistol grips and aftermarket m500 stocks dont work ... do we have the same deal in WA???

Picked it up earlier. Sports Authority also had a $25 gift card when you spend more than $100, so net price was$155. Mine was the last one in stock @ my local store.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top