JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Mauser
Caliber
8mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Selling my Mauser 98 in 8mm. I don't know anything about Mausers, not even enough to be dangerous. I got it in a trade from a buddy many, many years ago for a different gun I didn't want and it's just sat in the safe. I don't think I have ever even pulled the action out of the stock. I can see that numbers don't match between bottom metal, bolt, and receiver but everything is in really nice shape and the stock and barrel appear unsporterized. Rifling is strong but bore is dark.

Edit: I spent some time cleaning the bore and it did shine up. I see what may be some pitting about 6" from the muzzle.

I have a pile of ammo that came with it, Lee dies, some bullets, and a few hundred cases.

60 Finnish 174gr Soft Points
15 Federal SP that might be factory
5 Winchester SP that are probably factory
31 oddball surplus, reloads, finger taker offers, etc
32 primed miscellaneous cases
a couple hundred commercial cases. I saw a lot of Winchester when I was pawing through them picking out military.
a couple hundred mixed military cases

Maybe (500) 200 grain FMJ. No sign of pull marks but look like they've spent some time in a tumbler
What looks like a full box of (100) Speer 170 grain SP
A handful of Hornady 170 grain SP
There might be a bunch of cast bullets too, but those may currently identify as .45-70. Don't remember if they've been reassigned yet.

$600, buyer pays fees. I usually use Safe Fire or Tropics but can meet at any FFL from Vancouver to Woodland. I can't guarantee this is C&R eligible since I don't know anything about it, but am willing to be educated.

Edit: Multiple people have told me it is likely Spanish

IMG_1595.jpg IMG_1596.jpg IMG_1597.jpg IMG_1598.jpg IMG_1603.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I thought 1916's were small-ring/93-pattern, this looks to be a large-ring/98-pattern. Think that makes it a Spanish M43.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.