JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the Ruger 77/44 has worked out beautifully and is, easily, one of the favorites now. I find myself interested in pursuing the pistol caliber bolt-action concept further. Two that are chief among them are:

• A Ruger 77/357 is an easy choice. Well made, can swap the stock from plastic to wood, I'm familiar with the system, and IQ is coming out with extended magazines for them. But I can't find a threaded one for love or money anywhere on the Intratubes, and haven't for some time now. Unthreaded specimens are almost to the point of unobtanium and are going for significantly more than I recall.
  • A Spanish Destroyer carbine. For the same reasons as above, but it is in a classic form. I finally tracked down a decent specimen in 9㎜ Largo and another in the much more rare 9㎜ Parabellum chambering. Alas, the latter is in pretty rough shape and will need some serious TLC. The former, well, I am not sure why I have hesitated to pull the trigger: it is a little high priced for what it is and, maybe, once bitten, twice shy due to the last one I acquired.
Honorable mention:

• The Armscor conversion. From what I read, however, the company doing those is no more after numerous business and regulatory troubles. Is what I read accurate? No idea, but I can't locate them online, so that lends some credence to the reports.
Tonight I stumbled across a company that produces conversion kits to make a Mauser into a magazine-fed .45 ACP:

k98-45.jpg

Interesting, but I'm unfamiliar with these. Queries:

• Would anyone have experience with these?
  • How difficult was the conversion?
  • What base gun would be recommended?
Thanks much.

P.S. It is entirely possible I am completely missing other options in this niche. Any additional considerations would be neato. Thanks again. :)

Still waiting on mine!

Hoping for a Christmas present from Tim!

Trust me I'll let you know!

Super neat-o! :D

• Which Mauser did you use for the base gun?
  • Am I correct that these feed from unmodified M1911A1 magazines?
Thanks. :)
Not the Mauser, I've got the Armscor 22tcm over at Tim's being converted to 9mm. I'm hoping for it to be finished soon! He's had it for a minute or two.

Special Interest Arms was the original outfit you were thinking of in your OP. He got out as Armscor would have infrequencies in available rifles for his business to thrive. Still sort of true, now even more with the Covidgunpacolypse.

I saw a recent thread on a blog about a year ago where a guy took a AR15 9mm barrel and machine it to work on the Armscor. Which got me thinking, I wonder if Tim could do such a thing. A few messages later I had the rifle, then in stock, on order. Once it arrived, I didn't even shot it in 22tcm, it went straight to Tim.

There was one on sale for the longest time on the classifieds but it was handmade by a company that went order. It was speciality something....

Not the Mauser, I've got the Armscor 22tcm over at Tim's being converted to 9mm. I'm hoping for it to be finished soon! He's had it for a minute or two.

Special Interest Arms was the original outfit you were thinking of in your OP. He got out as Armscor would have infrequencies in available rifles for his business to thrive. Still sort of true, now even more with the Covidgunpacolypse.

I saw a recent thread on a blog about a year ago where a guy took a AR15 9mm barrel and machine it to work on the Armscor. Which got me thinking, I wonder if Tim could do such a thing. A few messages later I had the rifle, then in stock, on order. Once it arrived, I didn't even shot it in 22tcm, it went straight to Tim.

Very nice. So one of these?

51108_Rifle_TCM-BA-Rifle_22LR_rightprofile.jpg

Interesting cartridge. Small and large magazines available ... be still my beating heart. Pity they are sold out because that would really for this idea. :s0155:

I had put one together out of an old Chilean mauser, 95 action? It was a bear and I eventually gave up on the idea of it being a repeater. Was a single shot affair. Should you go that route, maybe have a 'smith who has done a few of them put it together for you.

Roger that. Maybe this one is a no-go. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Very nice. So one of these?

View attachment 781567

Interesting cartridge. Small and large magazines available ... be still my beating heart. Pity they are sold out because that would really for this idea. :s0155:

Yes. That's the one. I managed to find a tactical edition. Same thing but fancy stock, and factory pic rail.
1606155201600.jpeg

Tim ordered a 9mm blank and machined it to spec. Feeds from the same 2011 magazines that their 22tcm/9mm does so you can get 17 rounders.
7_M54180__87368.1429661142.jpg
I am eagerly waiting to shoot the damn thing!

Yes. That's the one. I managed to find a tactical edition. Same thing but fancy stock, and factory pic rail.
View attachment 781570

Tim ordered a 9mm blank and machined it to spec. Feeds from the same 2011 magazines that their 22tcm/9mm does so you can get 17 rounders.
View attachment 781571
I am eagerly waiting to shoot the damn thing!

Very nice. I see one of those on GB. Tempting, but really would only be after one with a wood stock. I'm liking what I read about the cartridge. :)

Another option. I reached out to him a while back. His stuff is $$$$.

Very interesting site. The work looks well done. I don't see a wood stock option, but still neat. Parenthetically, I see they are offered in 9×23㎜; I'm guessing this is the interesting 9×23㎜ Winchester rather than the old Largo aka Bergman—Bayard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top