JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't they have CA/NY style gun control?

It's a bit quirky.........and you have to be up for it.....but once you go through it you are done. I went through their registration process a year and a half ago, now I just bring the guns and registration paperwork I registered with the State of Hawaii back then.

It basically goes like this:
1. Don't bring any mags over 10rounds.
2. Bring your orig. bill of sale(there is no, 'I bought this private party', get one......).
3. Get off plane, call Maui County Police Dept. and make an appt.
4. Show up with your unloaded guns in a hard sided case and bills of sale(don't bring ammo or mags, it's just easier that way, and don't have loaded mags in your car as they believe it constitutes a 'loaded gun'(YMMV on that)).
5. They take guns and inspect/record their required data.
6. You go to another room, they do their fingerprint and photo thing(just like a CHL).
7. Go pick up your guns and registration info. and now you are done forever........anytime you come back, just bring your paperwork and the guns you registered and you are good to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top