JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lived on the Big Island for 2 years. The gun laws there are crazy! What do you plan on taking? Concealed carry is not going to happen unless you have some serious connections. High cap mags will be confiscated when you register so, don't bring any. The registration process was pretty easy all be it total BS. I just called the police station and brought them in. They treated me like a criminal and recorded the info and i was out. The bird hunting on BI was pretty good though.

I lived on Maui for three years and agree that the gun laws are very strict. This would be one of the last places I took a handgun to, unless you happened to get an out of state pig tag and were hunting with a magnum.

I lived on the Big Island for 2 years. The gun laws there are crazy! What do you plan on taking? Concealed carry is not going to happen unless you have some serious connections. High cap mags will be confiscated when you register so, don't bring any. The registration process was pretty easy all be it total BS. I just called the police station and brought them in. They treated me like a criminal and recorded the info and i was out. The bird hunting on BI was pretty good though.

Here's the deal. I am fortunate enough to have in-laws that have a couple properties on the island. Before kids and the economy we used to go 2-3times a year.......those were the days. Since we've stopped going I've gotten a bit more concious about carrying. I know I cannot carry concealed, but leaving my gun at home is like leaving my wallet/keys/clothes at home. For those of you that carry every day like myself, I'm sure you know the naked feeling you have when you don't have your gun with you.

I'd either bring my Glock 23 or maybe a Glock 17, something like that.

Being from Hawaii I can tell you that if you got it on the island and in the highly unlikey case you had to use it in self defense you would make State headlines and most likley national headlines end definitly face charges. Its a shall issuie State where were only the Cheif of said city can sign off and I can't ever recall of hearing cases of CPL's being issuied. When I pig hunt on the Big island we don't even use guns. Just dogs and knifes. I do understand what it feels like to not carry because I do it every day even around the house but as said in a previous comment Maui is the last place you need to carry. The biggest thing tourist have to fear there is being beat down by local's for littering or disrespecting the land. Have a good trip and trust me its not worth the hassel

You better not have any mags that hold over ten rounds or you will be in trouble. I know that when I lived there, my guns had to be registered with the PD. I do not know what the rules are for visitors bringing in a firearm. I would check with the PD there before you go and not trust anything you read on an internet forum. Especially when you might be arrested if that information was not accurate.
Hawaii in not firearm friendly and you would not want to get arrested and loose your firearm also. I do not take one when I go home to visit. But my brother has enough of for both of us if we want to go to the range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top