JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the deal with having a matched Frame and slide on pistols so there is no wiggle room in them. I was reading about how some 1911s are matched frame and slide
so I checked my CZ and it moves quite a bit compared to my Kimber, which doesn't move at all.
Anyway I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was thinking about having the rails duracoated to tighten up that gap. IF there’s any kind of accuracy difference.

Thanks for any info.

The biggest thing with auto pistols is the consistent lock up of the barrel, meaning it returns to the same position every time.

The slide/frame fit does little for overall accuracy in a 1911. It might in other pistols though, depending on the barrel system they use.

The biggest thing with auto pistols is the consistent lock up of the barrel, meaning it returns to the same position every time.

The slide/frame fit does little for overall accuracy in a 1911. It might in other pistols though, depending on the barrel system they use.

Exactly, for example, my Sig Mosquito slide, a straight blowback gun, had considerable wigle. Accuracy was down at the dumps. Barrel is attached to the frame, while sights are attached to the wiggling slide. I fixed the wiggling at the bench. Problem solved.

1911 is recoil operated, and a different story. There is a lot of myth associated with 1911 acuracy. Here is an article from the Shooting magazine that might prove useful:
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top