1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Matching Frame & Slide??

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by phidelt208, Apr 6, 2010.

1. phidelt208

phidelt208 Springfield, OR Active Member

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the deal with having a matched Frame and slide on pistols so there is no wiggle room in them. I was reading about how some 1911s are matched frame and slide
    so I checked my CZ and it moves quite a bit compared to my Kimber, which doesn't move at all.
    Anyway I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was thinking about having the rails duracoated to tighten up that gap. IF there’s any kind of accuracy difference.

Thanks for any info.
  2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

The biggest thing with auto pistols is the consistent lock up of the barrel, meaning it returns to the same position every time.

The slide/frame fit does little for overall accuracy in a 1911. It might in other pistols though, depending on the barrel system they use.
  3. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

Exactly, for example, my Sig Mosquito slide, a straight blowback gun, had considerable wigle. Accuracy was down at the dumps. Barrel is attached to the frame, while sights are attached to the wiggling slide. I fixed the wiggling at the bench. Problem solved.

1911 is recoil operated, and a different story. There is a lot of myth associated with 1911 acuracy. Here is an article from the Shooting magazine that might prove useful: