Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mary's Peak Road Reopened

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by rick, Sep 7, 2011.

1. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Was closed July-August for rebuilding some sections of road that were starting to slide down the mountain.
    Now open again. :yes: :cheer: :yes:

2. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

YES!!!! This kinda feels like Christmas.

3. rick

Mary's Peak Road is closed again. There was no notice about this latest closure on the USDA/FS web site, so maybe it's an unexpected slide or emergency repair. :( :bawling: :(

4. MechanicWithAGlock

MechanicWithAGlock Albany, Oregon Member

nooooooooo i read the post thinking i could finally go up there again only to find its closed again at the bottom for the forum i need somewhere to shoot im getting ancy!

5. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

An alternate route to get to the top was listed earlier today, but I can't seem to find it. It was on the Siuslaw National Forest's website. I'm gonna go check out a place I read about towards Eugene, it's actually closer to Albany than Mary's Peak.

6. rick

The alternate route is from Hwy 20 to Burnt Woods Road to West Mary's Peak Road (past Harlan) to GL Ridenour to NFD 30 to Mary's Peak Road (NFD 3010). Seems to take hours, but it'll get you there if you're not in a hurry and have a vehicle with good ground clearance. Personally, I'd rather poke my eye out with a sharp stick than have to go that route.

7. MechanicWithAGlock

if the place towards eugene is anygood lemme know im always looking for a closers place to go shooting at

8. rick

According to the SNF office, Mary's Peak Road is supposed to reopen, again, by Sept. 23rd.

Hope it stays open this time! :deadhorse:

9. rick

Reopening has been delayed until Sept. 26th.

This is getting really old! :banghead:

10. MechanicWithAGlock

hey does anyone know when abouts that mary peak starts getting snow?

11. rick

It's different every year. OSU has a webcam looking at the peak if you want to check for snow before driving up. Link-> Mary's Peak Real-time Observatory

12. rick

May 6, 2012 - Update on Mary's Peak - Both gates on Mary's Peak Road are now open. Most of the road is clear of snow, but the last mile or so is still blocked by heavy snow, so there's no vehicle access to the viewpoint parking lot or the summit trailhead right now. The good news (for shooters) is that the road is clear past the gravel pit, and clear past the turnoff to NFD 30. The not so good news it that the popular shooting areas are already all littered up with stuff left by a few inconsiderate bozos, so please, when you shoot, clean up your stuff, so the general public doesn't get the idea that all shooters are inconsiderate bozos.