JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I may be in the market for an inexpensive .22mag rifle and wondered if anyone here has any experience with these rifles, like accuracy, reliability etc.

1) Marlin XT-MTR .22 mag
22" barrel
1:16 rate of twist
ProFire adjustable trigger
tube-fed(holds 12+1)
weighs 6 lbs.

2) Savage 93F
.22 mag
21" barrel
could not find R.O.T.
Accu Trigger
5+1 detachable magazine
weighs 5.5 lbs

I have zero experience with these rifles and am hoping for some help. I do like the 12 round capacity of the Marlin, and all things being equal, the capacity would be the clincher. So, help me out, please!

Last Edited:
I own the Savage and would not trade it for the Marlin. I like the Accu-Trigger and spare mags can be found at Bi-Mart, Walmart or any gun store or show. The capacity is a big one and I am a Marlin fan, but my 93F is the best $189.95 rifle I could hope to own. I think either way you have a winner, but if I could only have one it's the Savage. Kip.

I have a marlin xt-22 and its a awesome rifle. I picked it up because it was cheap and looked nice but was very surprised with how light the trigger pull is after I adjusted it. great little gun, my only gripe is that the iron sights on it were kinda cheesy but I planned on putting a scope on it either way.

I have a Savage 93FV and my Bro-in-law shot it and LOVED it... he went out looking and found a Marlin XT. He liked the micro-groove barrel and thought if the trigger was adjustable it wouldn't be to bad. I wouldn't give up my Savage, but that microgroove barrel plus adjustable trigger may get me to buy one in 22lr just for anyhow.

I have a Savage (.17) and I really like it. But I have never owned the Marlin. I would say hold them both and buy the one that feels better. I doubt there's any difference in accuracy or reliability. Can't go wrong with either.

Thanks Guys and Gals for the info. It sounds like everyone likes what they got, which makes sense, or ya wouldn't a bought it in the first place. I guess you wouldn't post on here" yeah, I bought a so-n-so rifle and I hate it. worst gun I ever had. Can't hit a barn with it from the inside. Don't know why I keep it around".
Anyway thanks again for the input, and I think Gaius is right. I need to handle them.