JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I have a 1975 ( JM marked ) Marlin 781 rifle.
These are a tube fed .22LR Bolt action rifle , that will also feed and fire .22 Short and .22 Long.
Mine is in very good shape with some nice figure at the rear of the stock ( Walnut )
There are a few scattered dings on the stock and some "freckling" on the metal...but again overall I would rate this rifle as very good with an excellent bore.
Edit to add :
slight bluing loss / pitting near the muzzle...does not affect accuracy of the rifle...Member EPS has seen me shoot this rifle a time or two and he can vouch for the condition and accuracy of the rifle...:D
DSC06926.jpg

DSC06932.jpg

DSC06927.jpg

DSC06934.jpg

DSC06928.jpg

DSC06943.jpg

DSC06948.jpg

Trade interests :

.22LR bolt action rifles...preferably with a peep sight...

60's era and earlier bolt action single shot .22LR rifles , with peep sights are especially tempting...Again preferably , but not required...
(Please not a Stevens / Savage model 15...I have two of those already )

Older non safety Rossi 62SA pump action .22 LR rifles...

Stevens Favorite / Savage model 30G / Stevens 71 in .22LR

Navy arms / Uberti .22LR rolling block rifle..
( I know that these are worth more than my Marlin , but if you don't ask , you won't find out...:D )

Muzzleloading guns and items...

Older single shot and pump action shotguns 20 and 12 gauge...

I am open to other offers as well...

Not really wanting to ship...but will if needed.
Thanks for viewing.
Andy

Last Edited:
I have a 1975 ( JM marked ) Marlin 81 rifle.
These are a tube fed .22LR Bolt action rifle , that will also feed and fire .22 Short and .22 Long.
Mine is in very good shape with some nice figure at the rear of the stock ( Walnut )
There are a few scattered dings on the stock and metal...but again overall I would rate this rifle as very good with an excellent bore.
( Pictures to follow asap )

Looking for a :
Remington 510 or 514 rifle , preferably with peep sights...
Winchester model 67 or 68 22LR rifle...
Any Mossberg bolt action .22LR rifle , again preferably with peeps , and a wood stock...
Stevens "favorite" or Model 30 .22LR rifle...
BSA "Sportsman" model 5 or 10 .22LR rifle...
Husquvarna models 55 , 165 or 365 single shot .22LR rifle...
Navy arms / Uberti .22LR rolling block rifle..
( I know that these are worth more than my Marlin , but if you don't ask , you won't find out...:D )

Not really wanting to ship...
Thanks for reading.
Andy
Have a Remington 514 and a Winchester 68 with peep sites. I live in Battle Ground area. If you ever come down this way or even to Longview or Castle Rock area we might be able to make a trade depending on the condition.

That sounds very interesting for sure...especially if its the Winchester 68 you had for sale earlier...
When I get to a camera I"ll send you some pictures , to see if my rifle is of interest to you.
Andy

Understood...
I am still working on getting a decent camera / photo...
Long way to go if you end up not wanting my rifle...( which would be fine , just a long drive )
Andy

I have a Marlin Model 80 and like it. It would be nice to have the tube fed version. Your correct in that it's a long ways for low value rifles. I doubt if I will ever get up that far north. Do you have any plans on traveling down south in the near or distant future? The only other option would be shipping which I know that your not interested in. Really appreciate the pictures and am very much interested but agree with you that the distance is the deal killer.
Thank you
Steve

School is in session right now...so no plans to travel that far south soon...
As for shipping , Again with the low value of the rifles...not sure if its worth the cost..
Andy

I've got the Sears JC Higgins version 81.
It's a fun, light, accurate shooter. Kids love it.

Andy's even has the coveted sight hood :D

GLWT

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.